"I believe that this is the best plan the state has produced in decades"...
- Saudi Arabia Will Only Freeze Oil Production If Iran Joins (BBG)
- Japanese gloom ensures slow start to quarter for world stocks (Reuters)
- Saudi Arabia Plans $2 Trillion Megafund for Post-Oil Era (BBG)
- Prices Sag in Warning to ECB Even as Manufacturing Picks Up (BBG)
- China factories scent hint of spring, Europe still chilly (Reuters)
- Theranos Devices Often Failed Accuracy Requirements (WSJ)
- Roller-coaster first quarter ends with shares, dollar under pressure (Reuters)
- Oil prices slide as U.S. crude stocks hit record (Reuters)
- GE Files to End Fed Oversight After Shrinking GE Capital (WSJ)
- FDA Eases Rules for Abortion Pill, Making Access Simpler (BBG)
- Kremlin denies report of Russia-U.S. deal on Assad's future (Reuters)
- Thirst for Gasoline Fuels Oil Rally (WSJ)
- Landlords in last-minute rush to beat stamp duty rises (BBG)
The Clinton campaign must be in full panic mode to resort to spewing this kind of utter garbage...
New York governor Andrew Cuomo, in a letter Saturday to the state Health Department and the Department of Environmental Conservation, called for the probe into the Indian Point NPP after he said Entergy, the plant's owner, reported "alarming levels of radioactivity" at three monitoring wells, with one well’s radioactivity increasing nearly 65,000 percent.
- China stocks tank, triggers circuit breaker (Reuters)
- Stocks Slump Across Europe and Asia Following Shanghai's 7% Crash (BBG)
- China Halts Stock Trading After 7% Rout Triggers Circuit Breaker (BBG)
- Iran says Riyadh thrives on tension after relations cut (Reuters)
- Saudis and Bahrain Face Off With Iran in Worst Clash Since 1980s (BBG)
- Syrian rebel group backs Saudi move to cut ties with Iran (Reuters)
People are waking up to the darkness in American policing, and the cops don't like it one bit...
Almost 2 years after being fined for falsifying safety records, and 7 months after a transformer exploded at the Indian Point Nuclear Reactor (just 30 miles from midtown Manhattan), Entergy - the plant's operator - has 'safely' shutdown the Unit 2 reactor due to a major outage cut power to several control rods. Despite the company's reports that no radioactivity was released to the environment, NY Governor Cuomo has sent investigators to the site to 'monitor' the situation.
- Global Stocks Edge Higher on Expected ECB Stimulus (WSJ)
- Moment of truth as Puerto Rico faces crucial debt payment (Reuters)
- Obama urges Turkey to reduce tensions with Russia, stresses support (Reuters)
- Russian Media Takes Aim at Turkey (WSJ)
- Support Grows for U.S. Commando Raids to Fight Islamic State (BBG)
- Yuan Drops as SDR Approval Seen Prompting PBOC to Reduce Support (BBG)
- European stocks up, oil slides as concerns ease over Russia-Turkey tension (Reuters)
- ECB discusses two-tiered bank charges, broader bond buys (Reuters)
- New agonies, alliances as Fed debates post-liftoff plan (Reuters)
- A New Military Power Rises in the Mideast, Courtesy of One Man (BBG)
- Russia's Gazprom says halts gas supplies to Ukraine over payment (Reuters)
- Other central banks set to act, but Swiss policy cupboard bare (Reuters)
- Brussels on Edge as Lockdown Continues (WSJ)
- Stocks Pare Decline as Crude Oil Erases Drop on Saudi Comments (BBG)
- Italy’s Eni Plans to Pump Arctic Oil, After Others Abandon the Field (WSJ)
- Treasuries Decline as Economists Say GDP to Be Revised Higher (BBG)
- Why the Housing Rebound Hasn’t Lifted the U.S. Economy Much (WSJ)
- Argentina Fever Is Back for Investors as Kirchner Rival Triumphs (BBG)
A lot of hope has been pinned on liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports as an outlet for surging North American gas supply. But a couple of events the past week show that getting LNG exports off the ground may be more difficult than most observers have predicted.
- Global shares rise as Riksbank helps ease Fed wait (Reuters)
- Asian Stocks Retreat Before Fed as Material Shares Lead Losses (BBG)
- For Fed, a Rates Puzzle Looms (WSJ)
- What the Superforecasters Say About When the Fed Will Lift Rates (BBG)
- U.S. Looks at Proposals to Step Up Fight Against Islamic State (WSJ)
- China Steel Head Says Demand Slumping at Unprecedented Speed (BBG)
- VW slumps to first quarterly loss in at least 15 years (Reuters)
Having explained to the general public that there was nothing to be concerned about, when an exploding transformer shut down at least one unit of the Indian River nuclear power plant, noting "no danger to public safety," it appears the situation is not as 'contained' as officials hoped. As Sputnik News reports, thousands of gallons of oil that leaked into the Hudson River after the explosion has formed a gigantic oil sheen on the waterway. NY Governor Andrew Cuomo has demanded a probe into the incident, adding that Entergy and contractors will clean up the spill.
What’s so shocking about the story below is not that a 20-year veteran of the Houston police force, who was previously named one of the “Officers of the Year” by the Officers Union, was trafficking weapons for drug cartels. What’s shocking is that he was actually indicted and faces life in prison. He should’ve worked for a federal agency like the DEA or TSA, in which case he might not have even been fired.