Understand this now. As Jim Quinn explains, YOU are the enemy of the state. They don’t give a stuff about you. They treat you as sheep and cows to be sheared and milked. If you start questioning them, they will slaughter you. They have militarized the police forces and put you under 24 hour surveillance because they fear an uprising. There only a few hundred thousand of them and there are millions of us. A conflict is looming.
Europe's refugee crisis just took a dramatic turn for the worse, and strikes at the very hear of Europe's Shengen customs union which has allowed borderless travel within Europe for decades. As Bloomberg reports, the Italian Province of Bolzano in Northern Italy said in a statement that it agreed with the Italian government on request by German Federal State of Bavaria by "communicating a willingness to restore border controls at Brenner and temporarily suspend the Schengen agreement."
- Markets on edge as policymakers flex muscles (Reuters)
- European shares recover from rough ride (Reuters)
- For Stock Markets, the Moment When Humans Matter (WSJ)
- Puerto Rico's PREPA, bondholders have framework for deal (Reuters)
- Hundreds of migrants protest at Budapest station, want to go to Germany (Reuters)
- New Whale Seen Moving Tokyo Markets (BBG)
News That Matters
"It is estimated that sub-Saharan Africa will have 900 million more inhabitants in the next twenty years. Of these, at least 200 million are young people looking for work. The chaos of their countries of origin will push them further north." That is the future. It will no more go away by itself, and by ignoring it, than the present crisis, which, devastating as it may be, pales in comparison. Europe risks being overrun in the next two decades.
- Hilsenrath: Fed Appears to Hold Line on Rate Plan (WSJ)
- Europe, Asia stocks set for worst monthly drop in three years on China, Fed (Reuters)
- Beijing abandons large-scale share purchases (FT), if only for a few hours
- China’s Next Problem: Paying for Its Stock-Market Bailout (WSJ)
- Crises Put First Dents in Xi Jinping’s Power (WSJ)
- Man Group’s China Chief Said to Assist Police in Probe (BBG)
- Stock Halts Added to Monday’s Market Chaos (WSJ)
- Fed Up Investors Yank Cash From Almost Everything Just Like 2008 (BBG)
- Drop in Stock Futures Signal Halt to S&P 500's Relief Rally (BBG) - at least until the BOJ ramps USDJPY up again
- Hacker Killed by Drone Was Islamic State’s ‘Secret Weapon’ (WSJ)
- Greece's Syriza to win election but face setback, poll shows (Reuters)
- Puerto Rico Spends More Than $60 Million on Debt Restructuring (BBG)
News That Matters
Americans associate the morning with “Time to trade equities”. They hear news – in the case of the last few days, bad news from overseas – first thing in the morning. By the time the market opens, they have made their decisions and entered their orders. About half as many will check in around the close to see how things turned out, but for many the next piece of market news won’t hit their mental “Screen” until 20 hours or so later.
One might argue that the success of 15-year-old Brady Olsen - aka Deez Nuts - from Wallingford, Iowa, embodies more than simply a successful lampooning of the American political system. There are legitimate reasons to view this development as the opening salvo in an upheaval of the way Americans elect presidents. Does this sound hyperbolic? Let me take it a step further: Deez Nuts is actually critically important for the future of the country... and here’s why...
Google delivers its verdict...
- CHINA PBOC CUTS INTEREST RATES
- CHINA PBOC CUTS REQUIRED DEPOSIT RESERVE RATIO
- CHINA PBOC CUTS 1Y DEPOSIT RATE BY 25 BPS
- CHINA PBOC CUTS 1Y LENDING RATE BY 25 BPS
- CHINA PBOC CUTS BANKS DEPOSIT RESERVE RATIO BY 50 BPS
As asset bubbles are in the way of the Fed’s policy, a decline in stock prices removes the equity market bubble and enables the Fed to print more money and start the process up again. On the other hand, the stock market decline could indicate that the players in the market have comprehended that the stock market is an artificially inflated bubble that has no real basis. Once the psychology is destroyed, flight sets in.
...and it just promises to get worse!