- Dow's Freakish Bounce Makes Investors Whole, Can't Erase Doubts (BBG)
- R.I.P. Dollar Rally as Dovish Fed Spurs Worst Slump Since 2011 (BBG)
- Global Currencies Soar, Defying Central Bankers (WSJ)
- Oil hits 2016 high above $42 on production and demand outlook (Reuters)
- The U.S. Is Exporting Its Oil Everywhere (BBG)
- Hillary Clinton’s Allies Launch Plan to Undercut Donald Trump Now (WSJ)
Modern "Free Trade" Deals Aren't Really About Trade
Spain and Catalonia are locked in a hilarious staring contest over the latter's unpaid bank debt which Barcelona has essentially demanded that Madrid pay. If Spain says no, Catalonia may well just default, a move that would send yields on SPGB's through the roof. Of course if Spain does pay, Madrid is effectively subsidizing Barcelona's independence bid.
“Housing in Vancouver is insane — it was insane when I left and it’s more insane now. If you’re trying to do the startup thing full-time, it would have been really difficult with all the expenses.”
This is how freedom falls, and tyrants come to power.
Whether Trump does or does not make it all the way to the White House, the wave he’s riding will only grow stronger, tsunami-strength when the economy collapses and the world descends into war. If the idiot class and its rabble subvert him, a quote from John F. Kennedy will surely come back to haunt them: "those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
What we see at Sea Island is that, despite all their babble about bringing the blessings of “democracy” to the world’s benighted, AEI, Neocon Central, believes less in democracy than in perpetual control of the American nation by the ruling Beltway elites. If an outsider like Trump imperils that control, democracy be damned. The elites will come together to bring him down, because, behind party ties, they are soul brothers in the pursuit of power.
While Google searches for "how can i move to Canada" are surging, there is one American that will not be leaving the nation when (or if) Donald Trump is crowned President. Speaking to MSNBC's Rachel Maddow, Hillary Clinton said if The Donald was elected, "I would never leave our country, but I would certainly be spending a lot of time yelling at the TV set."
- Pressure Is on Mario Draghi to Show ECB Has Tools to Boost Low Inflation (WSJ)
- Euro dips as ECB sets sights on deeper negative rates (Reuters)
- Ohio's 'dirty little secret': blue-collar Democrats for Trump (Reuters)
- Irish Economy Expanded 7.8% in 2015, Fastest Pace Since 2000 (BBG)
- Too Many Boats for Too Little Cargo Leaves Shippers High and Dry (BBG)
With China's Plunge Protection Team having intervened and set a positive spin on another poor session, traders put declines in Asia behind them as European markets rose along with U.S. index futures and commodities. European shares advanced for the first time in three days on speculation the region’s central bank will ramp up monetary stimulus on Thursday. A gauge of raw materials rebounded from its biggest selloff in a month, buoyed by gains in oil and copper. Furthermore, the previously noted selloff in Japanese government bonds - one which triggered circuit breakers and which some speculated may have been precipitated by the BOJ itself - dragged Treasuries and German bunds lower, gold fell a second day and the euro dropped versus most of its major peers.
As global stock markets have soared in recent weeks, accelerating most recently after the dud of the G-20 meeting, gold has also rallied, strongly suggesting there is anything but confidence in this ramp.
Xi's "Tigers and Flies" campaign may have been reasonably effective when it came to rooting out corruption in the Party and the "crackdown" on "manipulators" might served to strike fear in the hearts of any Chinese who thought about shorting stocks last autumn, but that's not good enough for China. No, a true police state needs "pre-crime."
Jefferies Trolls "Lightweight" Zero Hedge For Being Negative, Unveils Major Restructuring Hours LaterSubmitted by Tyler Durden on 03/06/2016 15:53 -0400
Today's moment of crystal-shattering poetic justice comes just hours after "TJ" trolled "lightweight choker Zero Hedge" for being too negative when Reuters reported that "Jefferies restructures junk debt business, bankers leave "
- Rivals rip Trump but promise support if he is the nominee (Reuters)
- Employment gains seen accelerating in February (Reuters)
- Brazil's Lula Targeted in Police Raid Into Corruption Scandal (BBG)
- Economist: For The ECB, It's No Longer About Oil (BBG)
- China's premier says economy faces greater difficulties in 2016 (Reuters)
- Copper Stockpiles in China Surge to Record as Metal Flows East (BBG)