The debt ceiling, coporate taxes and health care.
- China’s Forex Reserves Drop for First Quarter Since 1998 (Bloomberg) - explains the sell off in USTs in the Custody Account
- Greek Euro Exit Weighed By German Lawmakers, Seen as Manageable (Bloomberg)
- Greek bondholders say time running out (FT)
- Housing policy to continue (China Daily)
- Switzerland’s Central Bank Returns to Profit (Reuters)
- US sanctions Chinese oil trader (FT)
- Obama Starts Clock for Congress to Vote on Raising Federal Debt Ceiling (Bloomberg)
- Turkey defiant on Iran sanctions (FT)
- ECB’s Draghi Says Weapons Working in Debt Crisis (Bloomberg)
- Greece to pass law that could force creditors in bond swap (Reuters)
It’s the kind of fraud case that makes the taxpayer’s skin crawl. And it’s part of a vast scheme. But no insurance company would have fallen prey to it. Only Medicare....
We have now entered the fifth year of this Fourth Turning Crisis. George Washington and his troops were barely holding on at Valley Forge during the fifth year of the American Revolution Fourth Turning. By year five of the Civil War Fourth Turning 700,000 Americans were dead, the South left in ruins, a President assassinated and a military victory attained that felt like defeat. By the fifth year of the Great Depression/World War II Fourth Turning, FDR’s New Deal was in place and Adolf Hitler had been democratically elected and was formulating big plans for his Third Reich. The insight from prior Fourth Turnings that applies to 2012 is that things will not improve. They call it a Crisis because the risk of calamity is constant. There is zero percent chance that 2012 will result in a recovery and return to normalcy. Not one of the issues that caused our economic collapse has been solved. The “solutions” implemented since 2008 have exacerbated the problems of debt, civic decay and global disorder. The choices we make as a nation in 2012 will determine the future course of this Fourth Turning. If we fail in our duty, this Fourth Turning could go catastrophically wrong. I pray we choose wisely. Have a great 2012.
The abysmal hit rate of Byron Wien's predictions over the past several years (ostensibly since the inception of this silly practice nearly three decades ago) has been the source of much laughter on the pages of Zero Hedge: see here and here. It has also been the source of much profit, due to the Blackstone Vice Chairman's uncanny ability to bat just over 0.000 with laser-guided precision and consistency. Below, as reported by Bloomberg, are the latest set of forecasts which are to be faded with impunity as soon as is possible.
It's coming to America. And we're going to hate it.
Presented without commentary, cause it's really all pretty self-explanatory.