This is Carey Wedler (the one with the Obama shirt) approximately six years ago, when she was, in her own words, a fervent "Obama girl" who believed the myth about "hope and change."... And this is Carey Wedler now, grown up, who has finally "googled the news", and having seen through the lies, realizes that Obama has "become exactly like the George Bush" that she "used to so vitriolically hate."
"Mr. Obama - you are the biggest fraud that has ever been perpetrated on the American people and it's been a long time since I bought into it so I think it's about time to burn your shirt."
“Black Swan” Author Nassim Nicholas Taleb DEMOLISHES the Claim that GMOs Are Low-Risk
Is the U.S. Government Changing the Amount In People’s Financial Accounts with Its Offensive Cyber Capabilities?Submitted by George Washington on 12/19/2013 01:31 -0400
Official White House Spying Panel Implies that It Might Be …
Three explanations have been provided for this peculiar exhibit of "spilled" cash in the Senate's Hart Building:
i) Step aside "Bernanke chopper"; presenting the "Yellen briefcase"
ii) Debt ceiling compromises don't come cheaply
iii) A Senator just cashed out of their SPX calls
All are equally likely, although perhaps what is saddest is that nobody even wants to pick it the strewn "reserve" currency.
Is Government Just Spying Like a Giant Peeping Tom … Or Is It Actively USING that Information in Mischievous Ways?Submitted by George Washington on 08/13/2013 13:59 -0400
Favoring “Friends” ... Harassing “Enemies” ... Propaganda ... Cyber-Warfare ... Track ‘Em and Whack ‘Em
It seems I arrived in New Zealand just in time to see the country implode over a bit of botulism and bad PR. Good thing I haven't converted all my dollars into kiwis just yet!
- Global Stocks Tumble as Treasuries Rally, Yen Strengthens (BBG)
- China Export Gains Seen Halved With Fake-Data Crackdown (BBG) - so a crash in the GDP to follow?
- FBI and Microsoft take down botnet group (FT)
- Quant hedge funds hit by bonds sell-off (FT)
- Russia's Syria diplomacy, a game of smoke and mirrors (Reuters)
- Obama Confidantes Get Key Security Jobs (WSJ)
- BMW to Mercedes Skip Summer Breaks to Keep Plants Rolling even as European auto demand slides to a 20-year low (BBG) - thank you cheap credit
- Paris threat to block EU-US trade talks (FT)
“It’s counterproductive to fight against windmills,” it explained
The global Monsanto genetically modified wheat scandal is getting worse.
The foundation of the Soviet model of trade and investment was centralization under the guise of "universal public ownership". The entire goal of communism in general was not to give more social and political power to the people, but to extinguish alternative options and focus power into the hands of a select few. The process used to reach this end result can vary, but the goal always remains the same. In most cases, such centralization begins with economic hegemony, and it is in our fiscal structure that we have the means to see the future. Sovietization in our financial life will inevitably lead to sovietization in our political life. Does the U.S. economy’s path resemble the Soviet template exactly? No. And we're sure the very suggestion will make the average unaware free market evangelical froth at the mouth. However, as we show, the parallels in our fundamentals are disturbing; the reality is that true free markets in America died a long time ago.
- Helicopter QE will never be reversed (Evans-Pritchard)
- Bank of Japan Launches Easing Campaign under new leadership (WSJ)
- Draghi Considers Plan B as Sentiment Dims After Cyprus Fumble (BBG)
- Spain threatened by resurgent credit crunch (FT)
- U.S. Dials Back on Korean Show of Force (WSJ)
- Gillard Urges Aussie Firms to Emulate German Deutschmark Success (BBG)
- Bank watchdog warns on retail branches (FT)
- Xi's Russia visit confirms continuity of ties (China Daily)
- Portuguese Government Survives No-Confidence Vote (WSJ)
- Mortgage rates set for fall, Bank of England survey shows (Telegraph)
- Russia’s bank chief warns on economy (FT)
- Fed member hints at summer slowing of QE3 (FT)
… And Stripping Courts of Power
There are two types of people in this world; those who worship the ideal of centralized command authority, and those who do not. Those who value freedom regardless of risk or pain, and those who value slavery in a desperate bid to avoid risk and pain. When I consider the ultimate folly of man, in the end I look to the meek and unquestioning masses who strive to avoid risk, because it is they who always end up feeding the machines of war, despair, and tyranny. The power thirsty halls of elitism surely instigate and manipulate the tides of this wretched ocean of quivering souls, but ultimately, the weak-hearted and weak minded make all terrible conquests possible. They live by the rule of fear, and their fear drives them to seek control; control of their environment, control of others, and by extension they believe, control of the future. They attempt to mitigate their overwhelming fear by containing the world and sterilizing it of everything wild, untamed, and unknown. They dream of a society of pure predictability, and zero responsibility. They are willing to sacrifice almost anything to attain this position of artificial comfort. The concept of “big government” appeals to such people for many reasons...
- What bread... What circuses... JPMorgan Chase Faces Full-Court Press of Federal Investigations (NYT)
- European Regulators to Charge Banks Over Derivatives (WSJ) ... but forgive us if we don't hold our breath
- Cyprus readies capital controls to avert bank run (Reuters)
- Damage ripples through Cypriot economy (FT)
- G4S readies guards as Cypriot banks prepare to open (Reuters)
- Global pool of triple A status shrinks 60% (FT)
- Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco (BBG)
- BOE Says U.K. Banks Have Capital Shortfall of $38 Billion (BBG)
- U.K. Banks Facing Capital Shortfall (WSJ)
- Cyprus Details Bank Revamp (WSJ)
- Kazumasa Iwata Joins Kuroda Naysayers as BOJ to Meet (BBG)
- BRICS Nations Need More Time for New Bank, Russia Says (BBG)