These are trying times. Fortunately, Narayana Kocherlakota is a "courageous" man with "daring" solutions.
New York governor Andrew Cuomo, in a letter Saturday to the state Health Department and the Department of Environmental Conservation, called for the probe into the Indian Point NPP after he said Entergy, the plant's owner, reported "alarming levels of radioactivity" at three monitoring wells, with one well’s radioactivity increasing nearly 65,000 percent.
- Oil lifts stocks off lows, yen and low-risk debt in favor (Reuters)
- Yes, this agaim: Oil gains after Russia says open to talking with OPEC (Reuters)
- More forecasts: Oil Prices Could Jump 50% by the End of 2016 (BBG)
- New Risks for Trump After Iowa Loss (WSJ)
- Yuan Gap Widens Again as Depreciation Bets Swamp PBOC Fightback (BBG)
- China shares end at 14-month lows after late selling frenzy (Reuters)
- China Dec gold imports through Hong Kong highest since 2013 (Reuters)
- China Contagion Fades as European Stocks Pare Drop, Oil Rises (BBG)
- Apple set for slowest ever iPhone sales growth (Reuters)
- Saudis, Russia Seen by Iraq as More Flexible on Oil-Output Cuts (BBG)
- China Probes NEV sector for subsidy fraud (China Daily)
"Floating plants offer various advantages: construction in a factory or shipyard should bring efficiencies; siting is simplified; environmental impact is extremely low; and decommissioning can take place at a specialised facility"...
Once, there was a time when Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini and Tojo ruled almost all of Eurasia. And another time when a monolithic Sino-Soviet Communist bloc ruled from the Elbe to the Pacific. As those times are long gone, is it not time for an exhaustive review of the alliances we have entered into and the war guarantees we have issued, to fight for nations and interests other than our own?
- China turmoil sends oil, stocks sliding (Reuters)
- China's Stock Traders Go Home After 29 Minutes (BBG)
- Yuan hits weakest since Feb 2011 on fresh low midpoint (Reuters)
- Stocks Extend Rout, Oil Slides on China as Soros Warns of Crisis (BBG)
- China's 29 Minutes of Chaos: Stunned Brokers and a Race to Sell (BBG)
- North Korea Uses Bomb Test to Boost Dictatorship (WSJ)
- Obama, wiping tears, makes new push to tighten gun rules (Reuters)
- Global stocks hit by China worries, North Korea nuclear test (Reuters)
- Oil hits 11-year low, Saudi-Iran row cuts chances of output restraint (Reuters)
- North Korea says successfully conducts first H-bomb test (Reuters)
- Valeant Planning to Appoint New Leader as CEO Remains Hospitalized (WSJ)
- Treasuries Extend 2016 Winning Start With Growth Outlook Clouded (BBG)
The Muslim population of Britain surpassed 3.5 million in 2015 to become around 5.5% of the overall population of 64 million. In real terms, Britain has the third-largest Muslim population in the European Union, after France, then Germany. Islam and Islam-related issues were omnipresent in Britain during 2015, and can be categorized into five broad themes: 1) Islamic extremism and the security implications of British jihadists in Syria and Iraq; 2) the continuing spread of Islamic Sharia law in Britain; 3) the sexual exploitation of British children by Muslim gangs; 4) Muslim integration into British society; and 5) the failures of British multiculturalism.
101 years after the Christmas truces along the Western Front there is still no peace on earth. And the long suffering American taxpayers, who foot the massive bills generated by the War Party’s demented and destructive policies, have no clue that Imperial Washington is the principal reason.
With all the action in Syria, the Ukraine is no longer a subject for discussion in the West. In Russia, where the Ukraine is still a major problem looming on the horizon, and where some 1.5 million Ukrainian refugees are settling in, with no intentions of going back to what's left of the Ukraine, it is still actively discussed. But for the US, and for the EU, it is now yet another major foreign policy embarrassment, and the less said about it the better. In the meantime, the Ukraine is in full-blown collapse - all five glorious stages of it - setting the stage for a Ukrainian Nightmare Before Christmas, or shortly after.
This won't end well... On Tuesday, Gov. Issei Nishikawa approved the restart of the No. 3 and No. 4 reactors at the plant in Fukui on the Sea of Japan, defying an injunction by the prefecture’s District Court that had been sought by residents living within about 60 miles of the nuclear facility.
"Everything is clean and perfectly safe. Any radioactive materials are miles away"...
Fukushima radiation just off the North American coast is higher now than it has ever been, and government scientists and mainstream press are scrambling to cover-up and downplay the ever-increasing deadly threat that looms for millions of Americans.