The Federal Reserve has been telegraphing to markets that they are going to raise the fed funds rate by 25 basis points next month at its December Fed Meeting.
- French, U.S. Troops Enter Mali Hotel as Gunmen Hold Hostages (BBG)
- Top suspect seen on CCTV in metro during Paris attacks (Reuters)
- Paris Attacks’ Alleged Ringleader, Now Dead, Had Slipped Into Europe Unchecked (WSJ)
- Global shares march on as alarm bells ring for metals (Reuters)
- European Stocks Rise With Asian Shares as Zinc, Ringgit Advance (BBG)
- World leaders arrive for summit amid heavy security (Reuters)
Futures are modestly higher in early trading having tracked the USDJPY once again almost tick for tick, with the carry trade of choice rising to 123 shortly after Mario Draghi's latest speech pushed the dollar strong initially only to see most gains promptly evaporate against both the Yen and the Euro. European shares are likewise little changed, after gaining earlier, while Asian stocks rise; oil also advanced in early trading only to drop to its lowest overnight level moments ago, a few dimes over $40, with aluminum and copper both posting modest increases.
Angered that Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. pay very little tax, an entire town in Wales decided to employ the exact same tax strategies used by big companies to reduce their own tax burdens. As the proprietor of the local smokery put it, the plan is "jolly clever." Doing this is not immoral or unpatriotic.
In what amounts to a contravention of the recently inked nuclear deal, Iran has reportedly purchased passenger jets from the UK and is now using them to transport The Quds Force to the front lines in Syria.
There were a few different stories coming out over the last few days that reveal the true nature of government and the apparatchiks who use disinformation, devious machinations, fraudulent accounting, and taxpayer money to cover up their criminality, lies, and the true state of the American economy. The use of government accounting tricks to obscure the truth about our dire financial straits is designed to keep the masses sedated and confused.
You will not be warned of the risks to your wealth by anyone in a position of power in the political financial hierarchy.
No, Ben S. Bernanke will be someday remembered as the world’s most destructive battleship admiral. Not only was he fighting the last war, but his whole multi-trillion money printing campaign after September 15, 2008 was aimed at avoiding an historical Fed mistake that had never even happened!
1,426. That’s the number of Americans who renounced their US citizenship last quarter according to the US government’s report just released this morning. That’s a record high for a single quarter, easily beating the last record high set earlier this year, which beat the previous record high set in 2013.
- China economic growth seen slowing despite policy easing (Reuters)
- FBI, Justice Department Investigating Daily Fantasy Sports Business Model (WSJ)
- Obama to slow pace of withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan (Reuters)
- Corporate America's Epic Debt Binge Leaves $119 Billion Hangover (BBG)
- Islamic State battles insurgents as Syria army prepares assault (Reuters)
- Why Hillary Clinton Can’t Win by Going After the NRA (BBG)
The warnings are getting louder. Is anybody listening?
The phrase “crossing the Rubicon” has stuck for more than 2,000 years, signifying a risky and dangerous point of no return. This week, the United States government crossed the Rubicon. In a fit of complete arrogance, a federal judge ruled that he has ‘jurisdiction’ over one of the biggest banks in mainland China, Bank of China (BOC), and demands that the bank turn over financial records to his court.
"The think tanks do not disclose the terms of the agreements they have reached with foreign governments. And they have not registered with the United States government as representatives of the donor countries, an omission that appears, in some cases, to be a violation of federal law, according to several legal specialists who examined the agreements at the request of The Times... As a result, policy makers who rely on think tanks are often unaware of the role of foreign governments in funding the research."
With the "above the law" Federal Reserve coming under increasing pressure to answer a Senate investigation's questions about the 2012 "leak", it appears the proximity of the probe to Janet Yellen, has forced The Fed to 'fess up and throw someone under the bus. Meet Seth Carpenter, a nominee for assistant Treasury secretary for financial markets...
- Pressure builds on Volkswagen CEO as emissions-cheating probe spreads (Reuters)
- Volkswagen Emissions Scandal Relates to 11 Million Cars (WSJ)
- Volkswagen Emissions Investigations Should Widen to Entire Auto Industry, Officials Say (WSJ)
- Germany's Bosch makes VW's U.S. diesel components (Reuters)
- Volkswagen scandal will have personnel consequences - state economy minister (Reuters)
- Glencore Falls to Record as Mining Shares Lead Stock Losses (BBG)
- Despite Slump, China’s Xi Jinping Pledges Economic Reforms (WSJ)