DeaR SeNaToRS GRaSSLeY aND BRoWN...
1. Has the Justice Department designated certain institutions whose failure could jeopardize the stability of the financial markets and are thus, “too big to jail”? If so, please name them.
Answer: Inside my bra.
2. Has the Justice Department ever failed to bring a prosecution against an institution due to concern that their failure could jeopardize financial markets?
Answer: Watch what you say knucklehead, or I'll squeeze harder.
3. Are there any entities the Justice Department has entered into settlements with, in which the amount of the settlement reflected a concern that markets could be impacted by such a settlement? If so, for which entities?
Answer: In the barrel.
4. Please provide the names of all outside experts consulted by the Justice Department in making prosecutorial decisions regarding financial institutions with over $1 billion in assets.
Answer: See the totem pole of regulatory fears.
5. Please provide any compensation contracts for these individuals.
Answer: Madam never kisses and tells.
6. How did DOJ ensure that these experts provided unconflicted and unbiased advice to DOJ?
Answer: No money, no honey.
- advertisements -