This page has been archived and commenting is disabled.
Serbian Prime Minister Narrowly Escapes "Assassination" Attempt
Just over a century ago last month, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo sparked The Great War (or the "not so Great War" if you were unfortunate enough to be sitting in the muddy trenches of Western Europe) that would in many ways shape the 20th century.
On Saturday, just 80 miles east of Sarajevo, Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic survived an “assassination” attempt while making an appearance at a ceremony in Srebrenica to commemorate the massacre of some 8,000 Muslims by Serb soldiers in 1995.
As a refresher, here’s what happened in Srebrenica, via CNN:
Starting on July 11, 1995, for three days, the ethnic Serb forces gunned down Muslim boys and men in and around Srebrenica. The sight of their broken bodies dumped into mass graves, belongings lining roadsides, and carnage strewn across fields forced the world's eyes onto a broader campaign of ethnic cleansing.
Weeks after Srebrenica, NATO jets bombed Bosnian Serb positions for two weeks in Operation Deliberate Force. The Serbs surrendered, and months later both sides signed an accord worked out in Dayton, Ohio.
Vucic — a nationalist turned-pro-European moderate — attended the ceremony in what he thought would be perceived as a concilliatory gesture. That, apparently, was a miscalculation. Here's CBS:
As Vucic entered the cemetery to lay flowers, thousands booed and whistled. A group of women from Belgrade, Serbia, who for years are demanding Serbia to admit it's role in the slaughter, yelled "responsibility!" and "genocide!"
Someone threw a shoe at him, others threw water bottles and other objects. The crowd eventually chased Vucic away from the ceremony. A few people carried banners with his own wartime quote: "For every killed Serb, we will kill 100 Bosniaks."
The "masses broke the fences and turned against us," Vucic's associate, Suzana Vasiljevic told AP.
As CBS goes on to note, the issue has clear impications for modern geopolitics:
This week, Russia vetoed a proposed U.N. Security Council resolution condemning the Srebrenica crime on request of Serbia because it contained the word "genocide." In return, Srebrenica organizers withdrew an invitation to the Russian ambassador for Saturday's ceremony.
Following the Russian veto, the European Parliament and the U.S. House of Representatives recognized the crime as genocide and foreign dignitaries - including Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu and Jordan's Queen - repeated the word in their speeches.
President Barrack Obama said in a statement that "Only by holding the perpetrators of the genocide to account can we offer some measure of justice to help heal their loved ones. And only by calling evil by its name can we find the strength to overcome it."
Here are the visuals of Vucic's 'brush with death':

- 40852 reads
- Printer-friendly version
- Send to friend
- advertisements -




Is throwing a shoe and water bottles at someone considered an assassination attempt now?
Why don't you ask one of those US Grand Juries that routinely refuse to prosecute cops who shoot people in the face when you look at them funny?
Leave the Serbs alone. They make good rifles. www.zastava.com
You surely meant this site, right?
http://www.zastava-arms.rs/
The one you posted is Croatian manufacturer of flags, this one is Serbian manufacturer of arms.
Please stop promoting death ;-)
I like the M93-30mm, I'd like to try that in my orchard, and on my neighbour's greenhouse during a severe thunderstorm :-)
M93 - "The Fruit Picker" :)
I stand corrected. Yes, ,that is the sight.
Sadly, the Serbian people will always need the very best weapons in order to defend themselves from both the terrorists that surround all the lands where they settled first and from the West :(
"assassination" is a little further away from "icecream and handbag throwing, bodyguard panic into the limo, but a nice few high res shots for the media, of said 'attempt'"?
Funny how only Muslims get massacred. These 8000 were soldiers in uniform and males and crossing Serb territory at the time. What one may call a battle.
Why Did Russia Veto British Resolution on Srebrenica?
http://russia-insider.com/en/why-did-russia-veto-british-resolution-sreb...
Good post. We are always told that these were "Muslim men and boys" that were killed. In other words, soldiers. Not to mention that the so-called "missing" were the ones to successfully escape to Tuzla, where the Muslim authorities had no reason to count them as accounted for, because that would destroy the mythology of all of them being killed.
There were only soldiers or the secessionist Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina and mujahedeen, no civilians whatsoever.
The missing: 3.000 to 4.000 escaped to Serbia! And from there, to third countries such as Ireland but all the documents stayed in the third country of course to cover up the truth!
This has been reported even in Western articles either in late 1995 or in subsequent years of the same decade, I have the data to find those articles in the documents I collect.
I fully agree, Torgo: nobody ever said anything about the "missing" who made it to Tuzla, where Izetbegovic and his thugs had the control, because they wanted that those terrorists who were successful in escaping to Tuzla ended up as "missing" and suck up into the fake 8.000 number.
I repeat: only 1.919 bodies have ever been found and I have plenty of articles that analyze the forensic results of all those activities.
Because we Serbs are part of the Russian world. :)
And yes, Naser Oric gang, Bosnian army, did commit terrible crimes against Serbian population of Bratunac county amonsgh which was killing of Serbian women and children! Those apparent 8.000 dead were Bosnian soldiers who were murdering Serbian women and children in that region, and they got what they deserved. It was cosmic justice, nothing more! And the killings were committed by those who lost their loved ones in massacres of those "victims" as AngloMurican corporate media narrative spreads its propaganda. Only 400 professional soldiers of Republic of Serbska Army was present at the time the event, the rst (a couple of thousands) were all locals seeking revenge, and they found it.
I fully agree.
Only 1.919 bodies have been found, by the way.
Yes, all those people were either soldiers of the so-called secessionist Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina who had killed 3.287 Serbs in that region in 1992 and 1993 or mujahedeen paid by the West to kill Serbs.
Hard evidence!
Update:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4678603,00.html
That Serbian is one important guy. The whole world went to war.
I've already commented on the lead up to WW1 See below link.. WW1 has many authors, but to concentrate on this minor Serbian issue is smoke and mirrors.
Also, the "international" had made deals with other countries, that upon dismemberment they would get her (Germany's) colonies. Britain was an especially paranoid power, and the British don't like to be called out for this. Britain has been hosted by the International parastie since 1694 and credit/debt means make her brain function "not sovereign." Even Churchill was hosted as he was in debt to "Jewish" finance. Britain's parasite, like the Wall Street Parasite, will make the brain think it is doing the right thing.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-07-07/europes-spiralling-game-chicken...
No he's not. He's just a trecherous piece of shit, a Western mole! Except one - which is the only really important guy in Serbian politics, in whole of Balkan you might say because he's not controled by the West, but is rather a Western adversary - whose name is Vojislav Seselj, there really is no autonomous sovereign force representing the will of the peole in whole of Balkans.
The terrorist Hapsburg empire would have started a war against Serbia in 1914 in any case....Gavrilo Princip and his comrades simply wanted the occupation of Bosnia and Herzegovina by Austria-Hungary to end as it was blatanly illegal! Their choice wasn't perhaps the savviest or safest but the Serbs won WW1 all on their own!!!
By winning WW1, the Serbs destroyed two empires forever with just one win! Nobody else has ever done it!!!
Plus, on that day many others were present in Sarajevo with the goal of killing Franz Ferdinand in order to provoke a conflict and they were not Serbian but from neighbouring countries like Bulgaria.....infact three shots in all were fired and the third that killed that despot for good wasn't fired by Gavrilo, who fired the first (missing him) and the second (wounding his wife).
JFK anyone?
Civil war victims in Srebrenica weren't quite women and children but armed men in so called DMZ. What scares me here is the rhetoric of people in the video but about that later. Bosnia is small Yugoslavia. Number of victims wasn't ever really determined and some names proved to be from soldiers which died from a year or more before the incident...and somewhere else in BiH (not even Srebrenica). Somehow that number in 2004 was 1180, in 2014 was 6400 and now more then 8000. It is interesting that men from sadistic leader Nasir Oric were caught on the massacre day.
Secondly, it is ridiculous to state that they found Muslim DNA there as it is indistinguishable from Serbians as they are the same ethnic people with different religion.
Biggest genocide after wwII is false construction and people have lived there peacefully in Yugoslavia since Ottomans pulled back. And I truly don't think that English government has any moral obligations whatsoever to be the judge on genocides at all.
But seriously, the language in the video scares me. "Kill him, kill him" and "Chetnik shit", while I heard some people asking the attackers why are they attacking him and that he hadn't done anything. And, of course, some Americans directing the narrative.
There is no "Bosnia"! There is a Western colony called Bosnia and Herzegovina, but there is no country called Bosnia. Bosnia is just one of the land making that product of Western rape!
Only 2.200 were recovered, so what are you blathering about 6.400 number, hm? The entire Bosnian army presence in that region was around 6.000 and some of them made their way to Tuzla, so you could only get than number in AngloMurican propaganda programs, you moron! Didn't read your entire comment last night, not past first sentence of two, else I would kick you in your stupid lying head right away!
My dear friend, actually up to today just 1.919 have been recovered (I am lucky enough to draw heavily from the magnificne tbooks and research of Professor Milivoje Ivanisevic on this theme and on many others!).
Yes, the secessionist so-called Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina had its 28th division there with at least 6.000 genocidal soldiers located there even though many including Oric had already left (he knew what the plan was of course!).
And yes, some of those terrorist soldiers were able to escape all the way to Tuzla.
There is no hard evidence that can prove Dathedr or myself wrong, we are only stating the hard facts and the hard evidence put together in 20 years by countless Serbian and foreign intellectuals!
If anyone can prove us wrong, you need to show us the hard evidence or please shut up! Zivela Srbija!!!
Shame he wasn't killed (PM Vucic)! He is a Western mole! You know, Bosnians under the ledership of their hero, criminal Naser Oric, had committed crimes against Serbian people in villages around Bratunac and Srebrenica. Almost 3.500 Serbs were killed by the Naser Oric's gang, so those "victims" as Western media portrays those Bosnians soldiers killed in Srebrenica were criminals who had been murdering Serbian women and children before their doom came upon them! But to call it a "genocide" as Western corporate scum calls it, is really an insult to intelligence! Western media calls a "genocide" muder of 8.000 Bosnian soldeirs (even though only 2.200 are known to be dead indeed *not counting those killed in attempt to break free from entrapment*, the rest must be some fantom soldiers who do not leave physical evidences o their existence behind, but Western media are well known whoring, lying house so nothing surprising there), yet murder of 1,3 million Iraqis they call "bringing democracy and freedom to Iraqi people." Really mind insultin stuff that is!
Unfortunatelly have to go, but would really want to answer all questions regarding our little part of the world. maybe I?9ll find more time tomorrow, and then will. We shall see.
people yelling at a war criminal. He's lucky they didn't bring rocks and gasoline filled molotov cocktails.
Has Madeline Halfbright .... every been on the right side .... of anything .... she has botched every assignment she was ever given ?
What's with the Turkish Prime Minister accusing some other guy of genocide?
how do you say "irony" in Turkish?
The Ottoman empire was one of the few empires in human history that succesfuly ruled over numerous ethnicities and religions for a thousand year, in relative peace and harmony, anyone who studied history can aknowledge this, the armenian genocide was pepertrated by the young turks and their leader ataturk because they wanted to weaken the empire.
Respective peace and harmony? You stupid ignorant moron, they were killing any attempt to thwart their oppression in such a gruesome manners I wouldn?9t go on here describing it! You can google about it, I am sure you will find plenty of work to dispel your retarded, ignorant thoughts!
The Ottoman empire was one of the few empires in human history that succesfuly ruled over numerous ethnicities and religions for a thousand year, in relative peace and harmony, anyone who studied history can aknowledge this, the armenian genocide was pepertrated by the young turks and their leader ataturk because they wanted to weaken the empire.
Sick man of Europe.
To say that 523 years of occupation and genocide against the Serbian people perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire were all about peace and harmony is not just moronic but an insult to many thousands of Serbs who lost their lives.
I guess Vence never heard of Mehmed Pasha Solokovic, a Serb who was taken away from his family by the Turks like milions of other Serbian boys but still, he never forgot his roots and built a bridge in his native city of Visegrad, Republika Srpska to celebrate the place where he was born!
double post
There was no abduction of " millions ", put that crack pipe down, you are just sore that the ottomans managed to build a great empire and your little serbia never managed to do so because too fucking racist and obtuse.
Mehemed pasha was "abducted" by the evil ottomans and given an education in engineering, horrible fate indeed.