On the off chance Parisians had started to calm down now that it's been more than a week since 8 ISIS operatives turned the city into a warzone, killing 130 people in the process, expect the panic level to rise anew. Multiple sources are now reporting the discovery of an explosive belt in the suburbs.
French police: Object resembling explosives belt found in Paris suburb, AFP reporting from Paris
— Danny Kemp (@dannyctkemp) November 23, 2015 [4]
Apparently, the "object" was found without a detonator in a trash can near Montrouge where, you're reminded, Salah Abdeslam made a phone call on the night of the Paris attacks:
And the reaction from markets:
Meanwhile in Belgium, anyone who might have thought the work week would bring some relief for panicked citizens who for nearly three days now have been told that it's best to remain indoors due to a "serious and imminent" terror threat, would come away disappointed on Monday as authorities extended the threat level 4 for Brussels while extending threat level 3 for the rest of the country.
- BELGIUM EXTENDS HIGHEST THREAT LEVEL FOR CAPITAL REGION
- BELGIUM EXTENDS LEVEL 3 ON SCALE OF 4 FOR REST OF COUNTRY
After a series of raids conducted on Sunday [6] which led to the arrest and detention of 15 people, one man was indeed charged in connection with the Paris attacks. Here's Reuters:
Belgian prosecutors on Monday said they have charged a man with participating in the Paris attacks in an ongoing investigation in Brussels, which is currently on maximum security alert.
He is being held in custody. Another 15 people who were arrested in an operation on Sunday night have been released after being questioned, the Federal Prosecutor's Office said in a statement.
Two of five people detained earlier on Monday were also released, it said.
"The investigating judge specialised in terrorism cases placed into custody a man arrested during the operations of last night. He is charged with participating in activities of a terrorist group and with terrorist attack (Paris)," the prosecutor's office said in a statement.
Over the weekend, officials ransacked Molenbeek searching for Salah Abdeslam, two other "terrorists", and an accomplice of Jihadi John known only as "CF."
There's no word on whether the man charged on Monday was one of the two men police were searching for and as far as we know, Salah Abdeslam is still on the loose, so lock your doors, stay away from the windows, don't ride the metro, and watch out for this guy:


