- Greece Handed New Terms as Tsipras Approaches Decision Time (BBG)
- As U.S. Probes $12.7 Trillion Treasury Market, Trader Talk Is a Good Place to Start (BBG)
- Signs Swedish QE Backfiring as Liquidity Evaporates (BBG)
- ECB approves ELA funding requested by Greece- banking source (Reuters)
- Greek Millennials Can't Find Work But Actually Want to Keep the Euro (BBG)
- Greek deal or not, the euro is now a different beast (Reuters)
- Promoter’s Arrest Sheds Light on Cynk’s $6 Billion Surge (BBG)
- The World's Biggest Economies Are About to Feel the Impact of China's Slowdown (BBG)
- Senate Clears Trade Bill’s Way to Passage (WSJ)
If you work for GE, take close note of the despicable behavior from your CEO. You, your livelihood and your family’s well being mean nothing to Jeff Immelt. In fact, you’re nothing more than an easily expendable cog in his corporate game to accumulate even more wealth and more power for himself. He talks about you like you are chips on a poker table. You have been warned.
Greek end hogame is at hand. US economy is gaining momentum--consumption, capex, and housing. Several equity markets are at cross-roads.
El Al Israel Airlines Flight #7 bound for New York City (from Tel Aviv) has, as AirLive.net reports, U-turn'd abruptly as it entered The Atlantic and appears to be heading back to Israel. Some details are being reported that there is a problem with one engine...
- Greek PM sticks to hard line as contagion hits euro zone bonds (Reuters)
- Greek Deadlock Has Leader Hoping for Miracle to Avoid Default (BBG)
- Greek Showdown Puts Merkel's Teflon Legacy at Risk (BBG)
- Greek standoff saps Europe, dollar swings ahead of Fed (Reuters)
- Allianz Increased Holdings of Greek Debt as Its Largest Investor (BBG)
- French Bonds Infected as Greek Crisis Swells Euro-Region Spreads (BBG)
- Statoil to cut 1,500 more jobs as savings drive intensifies (FT)
- UnitedHealth, Anthem Seek to Buy Smaller Rivals (WSJ)
- Five Million Reasons Why China Could Go to War (BBG)
In a world where everyone is a lawbreaker, it’s hard to spot the real criminals.
- Greece Said to Submit Revised Budget Plan in Bid for Funding (BBG)
- Protesters seek firing of Texas officer who threw girl to ground (Reuters)
- HSBC to cut 50,000 jobs in quest for higher dividends (Reuters)
- U.S. base shipped live anthrax to 19 states plus D.C.: Pentagon (Reuters)
- Obama Administration Opens Door for More Student-Debt Forgiveness (WSJ)
- China Said to Weigh Margin Finance Rule Change Amid Stock Boom (BBG)
- Doctor who trained U.S. troops suspended for macabre techniques (Reuters)
- Exxon to Face Regulators’ Questions Over Quakes (WSJ)
In yet another sign that Beijing's neighbors in the region (who have competing claims in the Spratlys) are seeking to guard against what they view as Chinese aggression, Vietnam is set to bolster its defense capabilities and deepen its security relationship with the US.
Ex-Im Bank distorts the market and reduces the average American's standard of living in order to increase the power of government and enrich politically powerful corporations. Congress should resist pressure from the crony capitalist lobby and allow Ex-Im Bank's charter to expire at the end of the month. Shutting down Ex-Im Bank would improve our economy and benefit most Americans. It is time to kick Boeing and all other corporate welfare queens off the dole.
When has crony capitalism really gotten out of control? How about when a major U.S. corporation (a huge defense contractor, no less) is publicly threatening government officials to leave the country if the federal government doesn’t continue to boost their profits through government handouts...
Another day, another Clinton Foundation related scandal. In the latest expose by International Business Times’ David Sirota, we learn about the explosion in weapons sales to certain nations during Hillary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State. Billions of dollars in sales went to autocratic regimes notorious for human rights abuses who donated generously to the Clinton Foundation. Should we be surprised? No. Should we be outraged and disgusted? Absolutely. Of all the Clinton scandals, the following is the most dangerous to peace on earth.
"Under Clinton's leadership, the State Department approved $165 billion worth of commercial arms sales to 20 nations whose governments have given money to the Clinton Foundation, according to an IBTimes analysis of State Department and foundation data."
We have fast-paced lives, we pay to get fast-tracked, we eat fast-food and we fast-forward on a film that bores us. Our lives are fast. We even have fast fashion; our clothes are fast these days from catwalk to high street. We have fast love too.
Economic events and data in the week ahead.