Do you ever feel like you are living in a “Bizarro World”?
There’s probably no other place more enthralled with its own state of being today than Silicon Valley. Now probably more than ever the tech capital just might be believing their own hype more now, than in the “glory days” of the 90’s.
Now, get back to your Kim Kardashian apps...
"I started this business a few years ago with savings of 15k. With a lot of hard work and determination i have succeeded, but it sure as hell was not easy. I am a long time lurker and have never seen anyone go in depth about what its like to own a small business and the reason why they are disappearing. Without going into to much detail, i own a furniture store so obviously things are different then other businesses but a lot of the things are the same. I wanted to begin with the things that are killing small businesses."
Republicans Furious After Obama Announces Will Give 5 Million Illegal Immigrants "Executive Amnesty", Work PermitsSubmitted by Tyler Durden on 11/13/2014 13:58 -0400
The "compromise" refrain from last week's devastating, for the democrats, midterm election result lasted about one week. Because according to the NYT, here comes Obama with a package of executive actions which will assure Congress full of furious Republicans, which will result in a broad overhaul of the nation’s immigration enforcement system but more importantly, will result in up to five million potential democrat voter illegal immigrants "from the threat of deportation and provide many of them with work permits, according to administration officials who have direct knowledge of the plan."
- Banks to Pay $3.3 Billion in FX-Manipulation Probe (BBG)
- Symbolic being the key word: U.S., China sign symbolic emissions plan, play down rivalry (Reuters)
- Europe (so really Russian sanctions) is the new "snow in the winter" - Carney Sees Europe Stagnation Impact as Growth Outlook Cut (BBG)
- Eurozone Industrial Output Points to Weak Third Quarter Growth (WSJ)
- Not everyone around Abe is insane: Kuroda Ally Flags Warning on Delaying Sales-Tax Increase (BBG)
- Hong Kong to scrap daily yuan conversion limit to boost stock investment (Reuters)
- Barclays Falls After FX Settlement Delay Reduces Discount (BBG)
- Some unhappy Yahoo investors asking AOL for rescue (Reuters)
The U.S. booty business is getting a big bump, as AP reports companies are cashing in on growing demand from women seeking the more curvaceous figures of their favorite stars. While Millennials may spend most of their day sitting on their Minaj-esque "big fat butts" playing Kardashian, the business of boosting butts is bursting. From padded panties and gym classes that promise plumper posteriors to the "Brazilian butt lift," in which fat is sucked from a patient's stomach, love handles or back and put into their buttocks and hips, French sociologist Jean-Claude Kaufmann says "there's a trend to show off the buttocks in place of breasts due to the rise of Beyonce," Jennifer Lopez, and more recently Meghan Trainor. The bottom line - butt lifts and implants are the fastest growing plastic surgery, helping GDP at a cost of $10-13k each.
When work is punished, homes are unaffordable, the American Dream is over, Milennials are burning through their assets or going into debt to survive... So just what is it that they are spending their hard-signed-up-for-benefits money on? We have the answer: Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, the freemium app in which you climb up to the A-list next to Kim Kardashian, made $43.4 million in Q3.
There it was --- a real market come and gone in half an hour, like a pregnant panda at Edinburgh zoo. What did it mean and what should you do? You should pay attention to what happens to the direction of prices when volumes surge and markets work. When the veil is lifted, pay attention to what you see beneath. Last Wednesday, in the space of half an hour of active trading, the Treasury market had one of its most rapid rises ever recorded and equities fell sharply. There is a very simple lesson that when the markets finally break through the manipulation they move to price in deflation and not inflation. This is key because it means financial repression has failed. Such repression requires the artificial depression of interest rates but, crucially, it must be paired with boosting inflation above such rates. On October 15th 2014, if only for a few short minutes, market forces broke out and the failure of central bankers was briefly evident.
- Fed set to end one crisis chapter even as global risks rise (Reuters)... you mean, for the third time?
- Insider-Trading Probe Focuses on Medicare Agency (WSJ)
- He's sorry: Rajoy Apologizes as New Wave of Graft Allegations Hits Spain (BBG)
- China could 'punish' Hong Kong over protests, says ex-HK central bank chief (Reuters)
- Dubai Insists the Boom is Not a Bubble This Time Around (BBG)
- Bank-Data Sharing Accord Expands Push to Find Tax Cheats (BBG)
- Deutsche Bank Sinks to Third-Quarter Loss on Legal Costs (BBG)
- Kim Jong Un Executes 10 Officials for Watching Soap Operas (BBG)
- French drugmaker Sanofi sacks CEO Viehbacher (Reuters)
As Deutsche Bank observes, the Fed has been wanting to hike rates on a rolling 6-12 month horizon from each recent meeting but never imminently which always makes the actual decision subject to events some time ahead. They have seen a shock in the last few weeks and a downgrade to global growth prospects so will for now likely err on the side of being more dovish than in the last couple of meetings. They probably won't want to notably reverse the recent market repricing of the Fed Funds contract for now even if they disagree with it. However any future improvements in the global picture will likely lead them to step-up the rate rising rhetoric again and for us this will again lead to issues for financial markets addicted to liquidity. And so the loop will go on for some time yet and will likely trap the Fed into being more dovish than they would ideally want to be in 2015.
Making $700,000 per day with her 'game app' either gives Kim Kardashian the right to comment on Social Media superstardom or simply reflects an increasingly distracted American public disappearing into dystopian numbness. As the following clip shows, we all have a lot to learn from the curvy Kardashian... or perhaps its circular in its ponziness, social media is the parasite that is dependent on a farce like Kim to exist?
So that is where he has been...
- No Happy Ending for Investors in Central Bank Fairy Tale (BBG)
- Ebola Response Strains Hospitals (WSJ)
- Obama, foreign military chiefs, to thrash out Islamic State plans (Reuters)
- Draghi’s ‘Whatever It Takes’ Plan on Trial at EU Court (BBG)
- Too-Big-to-Fail Banks Face Up to $870 Billion Capital Gap (BBG)
- Iran’s Message to World: You Need Us to Fight Islamists (BBG)
- Facing new oil glut, Saudis avoid 1980s mistakes to halt price slide (Reuters)
- Ukraine Grannies Outprice Banks on Hryvnia Black Market (BBG)
- HK police use sledgehammers, chainsaws to clear protest barriers, open road (Reuters)
- Gazprom Quarterly Net Rises 13%, Misses Estimate on Ukraine Debt (BBG)