Registration is easy, so long as you follow some steps:
Racism, to include any religious affiliation, will not be tolerated in ANY FORM on this site, including the disparagment of people in the comments section. Any user found to be discriminating against ANY race, religion, or affiliation, will be banned immediately, and have their comments removed from the system.
1. Never use your email address for a username. We delete these.
1.a Don't use your real name. If it looks like a real name (first/last, any combination) we won't approve it.
2. Don't pick a name that offends the delicate sensibilities of Zero Hedge. "KillAllThe[insert farm animal here]" - not so much.
3. Don't use a fake email. You'll never get the password. Eventually, after you haven't logged in since the Johnson administration, we will delete your account. We run periodic checks on email accounts: should you delete your email account post-registration or application and approval will be voided as a matter of course. All comments will be deleted.
Standard approval time ranges from four (4) to seven (7) days.
4. Don't give Zero Hedge an email address or information for an account or otherwise that you don't want made public. If you're uncomfortable with us having your information, or you're unwilling to accept that loss of data occurs and there exists a possibility of your information slipping into the general public, don't register. You should have no expectation of privacy. We make no guarantees with respect to privacy. We disclaim all liablity regarding the making of your information public. Use only anonymous information when registering and interacting with Zero Hedge.
5. We are far too busy to contact users. If someone asks you for your password you can be assured they have too much time on their hands to be one of us.
Read this too:
Zero Hedge, contributors, commentators, outside contributors, contractors, and affiliates ("ZH") present financial news and information. ZH does not present information as an investment advisor or in any advisory role. Making investment decisions based on information published by ZH, or any internet site for that matter, is more than unwise: it is folly. Accordingly, users agree to hold ZH harmless for all information presented on the site. ZH presents no warranties. Zero Hedge and all members are not responsible for any loss of data, financial loss, interruption in services, claims of libel, damages or loss from the use or inability to access Zero Hedge, any linked content, or the reliance on any information on the site.
ZH provides no assurance or guarantee of "up-time," or reliability. ZH does not guarantee to be free of errors, malicious code or computer viruses. ZH are not responsible for any loss of data, financial loss, interruption in services, claims of libel, damages or loss from the use or inability to access Zero Hedge, any linked content, or the reliance on any information on the site.
All of the content on Zero Hedge is provided without assurance or warranty of any kind. No warranty of fitness for any particular use, merchantability or non-infringement is made. Users agree to hold Zero Hedge and users fully harmless in all events. Should a user chose to bring claim against Zero Hedge, users agree to binding mediation in a jurisdiction of ZH's choice.
ZH is not a broker-dealer, legal advisor, tax advisor, investment advisor or accounting advisor. Relying on ZH in such a capacity will result in regulatory entanglements, civil and criminal actions naming you as a defendant, severe tax liabilities and liens from the tax authority in your jurisdiction and the horror of lax accounting standards.
By registering you indicate that you have read Zero Hedge's disclaimer
, and our enligthened conflicts/full-non-disclosure policy
We reserve the right to terminate &v suspend accounts with or without cause, and without notice. This shall under no circumstances be cause for action. Users are advised to guard their privacy, and not use their real names or reflect their identity in any manner.
If you do not agree, please do not continue.
Other than that, have fun!