The Egypt drama is reaching its inevitable, and largely expected, conclusion. From Reuters:
- EGYPT PRESIDENT'S NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISER SAYS MILITARY COUP UNDER WAY
- NO MILITARY COUP CAN SUCCEED AGAINST POPULAR RESISTANCE WITHOUT CONSIDERABLE BLOODSHED -MURSI AIDE
- MURSI ADVISER SAYS EXPECTS ARMY, POLICE VIOLENCE TO REMOVE PRO-MURSI DEMONSTRATORS
- EGYPT BROTHERHOOD SPOKESMAN SAYS TANKS ON STREETS, VIA TWITTER
- SEVERAL HUNDRED EGYPTIAN SOLDIERS, TOGETHER WITH ARMOURED VEHICLES, PERFORM MILITARY PARADE ON MAIN ROAD NEAR PRESIDENTIAL PALACE - REUTERS WITNESS
In other words, if Morsi leaves, you get a Civil War.
AFP: Travel ban placed on Egypt's President Morsi and top Islamists— Sky News Newsdesk (@SkyNewsBreak) July 3, 2013
As for the US...
USA informs Egypt Army of its support in removing Morsi from post - MBC Egypt https://t.co/oHRwYgbvoO "Support"?— ????? ?? ?????? (@SultanAlQassemi) July 3, 2013
US stocks, in the meantime, at day's highs.
As always, follow the live action below:
and from Bloomberg: