Apple investors unimpressed...
- 1402ET *APPLE SAYS IPHONE 7 TO COME IN BLACK, GOLD, SILVER, ROSE GOLD (stalled rally)
- 1412ET *APPLE SAYS IPHONE 7 PLUS HAS ONE TELEPHOTO, ONE WIDE-ANGLE LENS (rally)
- 1424ET *APPLE: HEADPHONES TO CONNECT TO IPHONE 7 BY LIGHTNING SOCKET (stalled rally)
- 1431ET *APPLE SAYS AIRPOD HEADPHONES HAVE 5-HR LISTENING BATTERY LIFE (sell)
- 1440ET *BEATS BY DR. DRE INTRODUCES BEATSX, BLUETOOTH EARPHONES (no reaction)
- 1445ET *APPLE IPHONE 7 PLUS TO COST $769 (sell)
Nike Watch impressed some...
- 1351ET *NIKE SAYS ‘APPLE WATCH NIKE+’ TO BE AVAILABLE IN FOUR COLORS (rally)
Nintendo Shares are soaring after news that Apple Watch Pokemon Go App will launch soon...
- *APPLE WATCH POKEMON GO APP TO SHIP BEFORE END OF YEAR: NIANTIC
- *SUPER MARIO RUN COMING TO IPHONE & IPAD THIS DEC
- *APPLE SAYS NEW WATCH TO BE SWIM PROOF
Apple shows the new iPhone 7:
1300ET *APPLE PRODUCT EVENT STARTS IN SAN FRANCISCO (rally into event)
1305ET *APPLE MUSIC NOW HAS 17M SUBSCRIBERS: CEO COOK (rally)
1308ET *APPLE HAS NOW HAD 140B APP DOWNLOADS FROM APP STORE: COOK (rally)
1309ET *APPLE INTRODUCES WATER RESISTANT IPHONE 7 (like the Samsung Galxy 7?)
1311ET *APPLE IPHONE 7 INCL STEREO SPEAKERS, LONGER BATTERY LIFE
Recode reports that Gizmodo spotted the following on Amazon...
As we detailed earlier, it's the big day (again). After the last disappointing Apple Event, Tim Cook is set to 'surprise' everyone with headphone-jack-less iPhones, a GPS-included Watch, and probably "one more thing."
The event, which will be held in San Francisco’s Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, is the company’s most important annual outing. Even as the iPhone remains the outsize producer of Apple’s revenue and profit, sales of the smartphone have recently been declining. So, as The New York Times' Brian Chen notes, more than ever, the onus is on Apple to keep up excitement for the gadget.
What’s different this time is that the rumormongers have been buzzing about something that the new iPhones will lack, rather than a flashy new feature. The item that is supposed to disappear is the traditional headphone jack, with Apple expected to turn people toward wireless headphones instead.
An Apple spokeswoman declined to comment ahead of the announcement.
Here’s a rundown of what to expect from Wednesday’s event:
- The removal of the iPhone’s headphone jack, which will enable the device to become water-resistant.
- A revised home button on the iPhones with 3-D Touch, a feature that activates different actions based on how hard the button is pressed.
- The Plus model of the iPhone, which is the version with a larger screen, is set to include a dual-lens camera to take professional-grade photos.
- A new version of Apple’s wearable computer, Apple Watch. The new model is expected to include a GPS tracker along with smarter fitness-tracking capabilities.
Expectations have definitely been massaged down heading into the event (as has the stock price recently).
It seems an Apple Launch Event has become less and less newsy...
CNET Live feed:
* * *
Apple LIve Stream (not available for all machines and browsers) click image for link...