Captain Obvious answered the first question of the day:
- *RYAN SAYS IT'S ALWAYS NICE TO HAVE LESS DRAMA
Ryan refused to answer questions about Chaffetz's alleged departure:
- *RYAN HASN'T SPOKEN TO CHAFFETZ ABOUT WHAT HE'S DOING
- *RYAN: OVERSIGHT CMTE HAS MADE DOCUMENT REQUESTS
On tax reform, Ryan said that the goal is still to get a bill passed in calendar year 2017. Of course, equities are starting to doubt whether that's actually possible.
- *RYAN: OUR GOAL IS CALENDAR 2017 FOR TAX REFORM
- *RYAN: I THINK BORDER ADJUSTMENT IS SMART WAY TO GO
- *RYAN: U.S. TAX SYSTEM ONE OF WORST IN INDUSTRIALIZED WORLD
* * *
For the first time since former FBI Director Mueller was appointed Special Counsel looking into Trump's alleged collusion with Russia, House Speaker Paul Ryan will take questions from an eager press. Tune in below for the fireworks.