Bernanke has acquiesced and is now the 4th branch of the status quo- and all is well in the world:
- *FED TO KEEP POLICY STIMULATIVE FOR `CONSIDERABLE TIME'
- *FED WILL ADD TO PURCHASES IF LABOR MARKET DOESN'T IMPROVE
- *FED DOES NOT SAY WHEN MBS PURCHASE PROGRAM TO END
- *FED TO BUY $40B MBS MONTHLY, CONTINUE `OPERATION TWIST'
- *FED TO BUY MBS, EXTENDS ZERO-RATE POLICY INTO 2015
- The good news: The Fed's NEWER, OPEN-ENDED and NEVERENDING QE is bigger, longer, and has a Retina display (however its battery life is far shorter).
- The bad news: The Fed has now confirmed it is merely a sad, political, self-frontrunning caricature of what a central bank should be.
S&P 500 Cash 1437.9
S&P 500 Futures 1437
MBS Spread 0.57993
WTI Oil 97.23
USD Index 79.70237
Full redline comparison to the August statement below: