$138 Billion In New Treasury Auctions Just Announced
The Fed may be well advised to consider expanding QE, especially in light of today's just issued announcement of another $138 billion in Treasuries consisting of:
- $30 billion in 26 weeks. October 5 auction date.
- $30 billion in 13 weeks. October 5 auction date.
- $39 billion in 3 years. October 6 auction date.
- $20 billion in 10 years. October 7 auction date.
- $12 billion in 30 years. October 8 auction date.
- $7 billion in 30 year TIPS. October 5 auction date.
This was, undoubtedly, also priced in.
No POMO today. That $7 billion in dry powder isn't going to do much good at this point.