$77 Billion Bills To Be Auctioned, Joins $81 Billion In Coupons
The Treasury just announced that it will auction $77 billion in Bills in the next week, broken down as follows:
- $24 billion 3 month Bills on February 8
- $27 billion 6 month Bills on February 9
- $26 billion 1 year Bills on February 9
This joins the previously announced $81 billion in coupon bonds previously announced for auction.
- $40 billion 3 years Bonds on February 9
- $25 billion 10 year Bonds on February 10
- $16 billion 30 year Bonds on February 11
The increasing rotation out of Bill reliance and into Bonds is sure to put ever greater pressure on longer-dated yields, even as the short-end continues seeing massive demand due to the previously announced jiggering by the SEC in money market accounts which could in the near-future be experimenting with their newly-legal right to suspend redemptions.