The Anniversary of 9/11
Don't want to hear this?
Tough. Grow up.
- The 9/11 Commission's co-chairs said that the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials misrepresented the facts to the Commission, and the Commission considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements (free subscription required)
- 9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says "I
don't believe for a minute we got everything right", that the
Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions
about 9/11, and that the 9/11 debate should continue
- 9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said "We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting"
- 9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: "It is a national scandal"; "This investigation is now compromised"; and "One
of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11
issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover
- 9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that "There
are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to
what we outlined in our version . . . We didn't have access . . . ." He also said
that the investigation depended too heavily on the accounts of Al
Qaeda detainees who were physically coerced into talking
- And the Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) - who led the 9/11 staff's inquiry - recently said "At some level of the government, at some point in time...there was an agreement not to tell the truth about what happened". He also said "I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described
.... The tapes told a radically different story from what had been
told to us and the public for two years.... This is not spin. This is
not true." And he said:
"It's almost a culture of concealment, for lack of a better word.
There were interviews made at the FAA's New York center the night of
9/11 and those tapes were destroyed. The CIA tapes of the interrogations
were destroyed. The story of 9/11 itself, to put it mildly, was distorted and was completely different from the way things happened"
If even the 9/11 Commissioners don't buy the official story, why do you?
Senior intelligence officers:
- Former military analyst and famed whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg said that the case of a certain 9/11 whistleblower is "far more explosive than the Pentagon Papers".
He also said that the government is ordering the media to cover up her
allegations about 9/11. And he said that some of the claims concerning
government involvement in 9/11 are credible, that "very serious
questions have been raised about what they [U.S. government officials]
knew beforehand and how much involvement there might have been", that
engineering 9/11 would not be humanly or psychologically beyond the
scope of the current administration, and that there's enough evidence
to justify a new, "hard-hitting" investigation into 9/11 with subpoenas
and testimony taken under oath (see this and this)
27-year CIA veteran, who chaired National Intelligence Estimates and
personally delivered intelligence briefings to Presidents Ronald Reagan
and George H.W. Bush, their Vice Presidents, Secretaries of State, the
Joint Chiefs of Staff, and many other senior government officials
(Raymond McGovern) said “I think at simplest terms, there’s a cover-up. The 9/11 Report is a joke”
29-year CIA veteran, former National Intelligence Officer (NIO) and
former Director of the CIA's Office of Regional and Political Analysis
(William Bill Christison) said “I
now think there is persuasive evidence that the events of September
did not unfold as the Bush administration and the 9/11 Commission would
have us believe (and see this)
number of intelligence officials, including a CIA Operations Officer
who co-chaired a CIA multi-agency task force coordinating intelligence
efforts among many intelligence and law enforcement agencies (Lynne
Larkin) sent a joint letter to Congress expressing their concerns about “serious
shortcomings,” “omissions,” and “major flaws” in the 9/11 Commission
Report and offering their services for a new investigation (they were
- A decorated 20-year CIA veteran, who
Pulitzer-Prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh called
"perhaps the best on-the-ground field officer in the Middle East”, and
whose astounding career formed the script for the Academy Award winning
motion picture Syriana (Robert Baer) said that "the evidence points at" 9/11 having had aspects of being an inside job
Division Chief of the CIA’s Office of Soviet Affairs, who served as
Senior Analyst from 1966 - 1990. He also served as Professor of
International Security at the National War College from 1986 - 2004
(Melvin Goodman) said "The final [9/11 Commission] report is ultimately a coverup"
If even our country's top intelligence officers don't buy the official story, why do you?
to the Co-Chair of the Congressional Inquiry into 9/11 and former Head
of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Bob Graham, an
FBI informant had hosted and rented a room to two hijackers in 2000
and that, when the Inquiry sought to interview the informant, the FBI
refused outright, and then hid him in an unknown location, and that a
high-level FBI official stated these blocking maneuvers were undertaken under orders from the White House (confirmed here)
- Current Democratic U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said "The
two questions that the congress will not ask . . . is why did 9/11
happen on George Bush's watch when he had clear warnings that it was
going to happen? Why did they allow it to happen?"
- Current Republican Congressman Ron Paul calls for a new 9/11 investigation and states that "we see the [9/11] investigations that have been done so far as more or less cover-up and no real explanation of what went on"
- Current Democratic Congressman Dennis Kucinich hints that we aren't being told the truth about 9/11
- Current Republican Congressman Jason Chafetz says that we need to be vigilant and continue to investigate 9/11
- Former Democratic Senator Mike Gravel states that he supports a new 9/11 investigation and that we don't know the truth about 9/11
- Former Republican Senator Lincoln Chaffee endorses a new 9/11 investigation
- Former U.S. Democratic Congressman Dan Hamburg doesn't believe the official version of events
U.S. Republican Congressman and senior member of the House Armed
Services Committee, and who served six years as the Chairman of the
Military Research and Development Subcommittee Curt Weldon has shown
that the U.S. tracked hijackers before 9/11, is open to hearing information about explosives in the Twin Towers, and is open to the possibility that 9/11 was an inside job
If there is bipartisan questioning of the official story, why aren't you questioning it?
Other government officials:
General, Commanding General of U.S. European Command and Supreme
Allied Commander Europe, decorated with the Bronze Star, Silver Star,
and Purple Heart (General Wesley Clark) said "We've
never finished the investigation of 9/11 and whether the
administration actually misused the intelligence information it had.
The evidence seems pretty clear to me. I've seen that for a long time"
Deputy Secretary for Intelligence and Warning under Nixon, Ford, and
Carter (Morton Goulder), former Deputy Director to the White House Task
Force on Terrorism (Edward L. Peck), and former US Department of State
Foreign Service Officer (J. Michael Springmann), as well as a who's who
of liberals and independents) jointly call for a new investigation into 9/11
Federal Prosecutor, Office of Special Investigations, U.S. Department
of Justice under Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan; former U.S.
Army Intelligence officer, and currently a widely-sought media
commentator on terrorism and intelligence services (John Loftus) says
"The information provided by European intelligence services prior to
9/11 was so extensive that it is no longer possible for either the CIA
or FBI to assert a defense of incompetence"
- The Group Director on matters of national security in the U.S. Government Accountability Office said that President Bush did not respond to unprecedented warnings of the 9/11 disaster and conducted a massive cover-up instead of accepting responsibility
- Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense under President Ronald Reagan (Col. Ronald D. Ray) said that the official story of 9/11 is "the dog that doesn't hunt"
- The former director of the FBI (Louis Freeh) says there was a cover up by the 9/11 Commission
If top government officials are skeptical, why aren't you?
Note 1: Yes, this does have to do with economics and business. Nobel prize economist Joe Stiglitz just said
that the Iraq war is partly responsible for our bad economy. Many
forget, but the Iraq war was "legally" justified by the claim that Iraq
had a hand in 9/11. See this. And 9/11 has had a profound affect on the economy in many other ways as well. See this.
Note 2: This essay does not argue any theory of what did happen on 9/11; it only points out from credible sources that no thorough investigation has ever been conducted.
Note 3: As always, the views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect
those of the owners of the Zero Hedge site. In fact, I have no idea
whether they agree or disagree with any point made herein.
- advertisements -