Apple Halted As It Reports $20.34 Billion In Q4 Revenue, $4.64 In Earnings, Big Miss In iPad Sales Expectations
Apple is halted as it beats top and bottom line: Q4 revenue USD 20.34BN vs. Exp. USD 18.90BN, Q4 EPS USD 4.64 vs. Exp. USD 4.10. Margins come weak, but that does not stop Steve Jobs from proclaiming: “We are blown away to report over $20 billion in revenue and over $4 billion in after-tax earnings—both all-time records for Apple.” Looks like ES is certainly not as impressed as the gaunt CEO, as the company undersells iPad by a big margin: Q4 iPads units sold 4.19mln vs. Exp. 4.81mln.
- Q4 revenue USD 20.34bln vs. Exp. USD 18.90bln
- Q4 iPhone units sold 14.1mln, up 91% vs. Exp. 11.7mln
- Q4 gross margin 36.9%
- Q4 iPod units sold 9.05mln, down 11%
- Q4 iPads units sold 4.19mln vs. Exp. 4.81mln
- Q4 operating income USD 5.45bln
- Q4 gross profit USD 7.51bl;n
- Q4 operating expenses USD 2.07bln
- Q4 net USD 4.31bln
- Q4 Mac units sold 3.89mln
- sees Q1 EPS USD 4.80 vs. Exp. USD 5.03
- sees Q1 revenue USD 23bln vs. Exp. USD 22.34bln
Full earnings release here.