Chris Martenson is one of the few visionaries who has long been warning about the disastrous effects of out of control spending and debt monetization (as well as unmasking the shell game the government has been engaging in for the past two years as it attempts to sequester foreign MBS holdings and exchange them for Treasury securities by tracking the TIC-custody account divergence), and his blog should be required reading for all interested in the intricacies of Fed intervention in rates. Today, Martenson has a post which, however, touches on something completely different: survival. In his words: "I was interviewed by Jack Spirko of The Survival Podcast.
We had a meaty exploration of the core tenets of the Three Es (Economy, Energy, Environment) in light
of recent developments, then delved pretty deeply into strategies for
building personal resilience, which is the main focus of Jack's regular
podcasts. I enjoyed myself and think the discussion is worth listening
to." Yet this is not a bunker survivalist manifesto: "A note on TSP: while it has a "survival" theme, it's not "survivalist" in its approach. Jack is focused on helping his audience learn how to increase their degree of personal preparation - much in the same way we're focused on it here at CM.com. His mantra is "Helping you live the life you want, if times get tough, or even if they don't." Like me, he's interested in guiding people to take steps that will improve their quality of life no matter how things unfold in the future. Speaking with him before and during our interview, I found him to be thoughtful, measured, and passionate about making a positive difference."
Martenson's podcast interview is now posted on TSP. Click here to listen to it.
Additionally, for those who are interested in delving deeper in the topics presented by Martenson, Chris has posted links to his ongoing 'What Should I Do? The
Basics of Resilience' series which offers more detailed guidance than provided in the podcast:
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 1 – Getting Started)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 2 – Water)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 3 – Storing Food)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 4 – Growing & Preserving Food)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 5 – Health & First Aid)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 6 – Heat, Power & Communications)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 7 – Protecting Wealth)
- What Should I Do?: The Basics of Resilience (Part 8 – Community)