Daily Highlights: 10.12.2010
- Aluminum prices in China may gain more than 10% on output cuts.
- Asian stocks fall on lower commodity prices, Yen concerns; Toyota declines.
- China may worsen trade tensions with biggest quarterly surplus since 2008.
- China reportedly lifts reserve ratio for top banks.
- Greece raises $1.6 billion in oversubscribed 26-week treasury bill auction.
- Japan's Noda says ready to take 'bold' action after Yen hits 15-year high.
- Oil falls a second day after stronger Dollar reduces appeal of commodities.
- Thailand to levy 15% tax on income earned on domestic bonds purchased by overseas investors.
- UK House-Price gauge drops to 16-month low on supply increase: RICS.
- ActivIdentity to be acquired by ASSA ABLOY, for $3.25/sh.
- China's Sihuan Pharma IPO may raise $741M in Hong Kong.
- EDF is said to support sale of Constellation Energy as relationship sours.
- Facebook, Zynga impose fees on worker stock sales to limit outside owners.
- Ford: Sept Asia-Pacific, Africa region sales rose 27% to 78,700 units.
- Global Payment misses by $0.02, posts Q1 EPS of $0.67. Revs up 7.4% to $440.1M.
- GM's China Sept sales rose 15% to 208,353 vehicles vs. Augusts' 19% growth
- Gymboree to be acquired by Bain Capital for $65.40/sh cash ($1.8B).
- Halozyme to reduce research related to new compounds, cut jobs by 25%.
- Harbin Electric CEO, Baring offer to buy company for $752.2M.
- Honda’s China sales rise 3% YoY in September to 60,913 units.
- KKR buys Chevron’s 23.4% stake in Colonial Pipeline Co.
- Malaysia's Petronas Chemicals plans to raise as much as $4B via IPO.
- Posco Q3 profit drops 9% on higher material costs, lowers 2010 profit forecast.
- Sales in September for utility tractor industry fell 11%, while Deere’s sales were down less than 10%.
- Seneca Capital buys 9.3% stake in Dynegy Inc.; may oppose Blackstone's
- $4.7B offer to buy the utility company.
- Severstal to spend $6.4B on capital expenditure, excl maintenance, through 2014.
- Wal-Mart Stores said it will start selling Apple Inc.'s iPad on Friday.
Economic Calendar: Minutes of FOMC Meeting to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: CRI, CSX, FAST, GYRO, INTC, LLTC, ODC, PKX, VOXX.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
MILLIPORE CORP (MIL)
SUNOCO INC (SUN)
SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO/THE (SHW)
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL (MAR)
CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP (CHK)
PROGRESS ENERGY INC (PGN)
AMAZON.COM INC (AMZN)
ALCOA INC (AA)
ENERGIZER HOLDINGS INC (ENR)
LIN TV CORP (TVL)
AMERISOURCEBERGEN CORP (ABC)
AGCO CORP (AGCO)
Data provided by Egan-Jones
- advertisements -