Daily Highlights: 10.25.2010
- Asian stocks gain as SGX buys ASX; Dollar weakens on G-20 currency pledge.
- Bank of Japan may leave policy unchanged after cutting rates to near zero.
- G-20 vows to avoid weakening currencies as leaders prepare to prod China.
- Japan's September trade surplus widens 54% from year-ago, more than expected.
- One third of Britons see house prices falling: Righmove Plc.
- US Treasury 30-year yield near two-month high on outlook for quicker growth.
- Amazon to begin allowing Kindle users to lend e-books to friends, for 14 days.
- Applied Signal Tech hired BofA to explore strategic options for the company.
- B/E Aerospace to buy aerospace-fastener-distribution unit of Satair AS for $162M cash.
- BofA for the first time acknowledged finding some mistakes in foreclosure files.
- Coca-Cola Entrps boosted its quarterly dividend to 12 cents a share from 9 cents.
- CommScope in talks with Carlyle Group to go private at $31.50/sh.
- Equinox Minerals to buy Citadel Resource for $1.2B, adding Saudi copper mine.
- Ford may report the biggest Q3 profit in its 107-year history on its overhaul.
- LVMH bags €1.45B stake in Hermès; says it does not intend to take control of rival.
- OMV AG to acquire a majority stake in Turkish oil retailer Petrol Ofisi, for $1.39B.
- S.Korean govt to begin sale of its 57% stake in Woori Finance, valued at $6.02B.
- Scania AB's Q3 profit jumped eightfold to $350M on 38% rise in revs.
- Singapore Exchange offers to buy ASX for $8.3B in cash and stock.
- Wynn Resorts to sell additional shares, taking advantage of a 2-yr high in stock price.
Economic Calendar: Data on Existing Home Sales to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: AAN, ADLR, AMGN, BEAV, BXS, BYD, CF, CHE, EML, EVBN, IVZ,
NBTB, OMI, ROP, SNE, TXN, WRB.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
ITALY (2103Z IM)
UNION PACIFIC CORP (UNP)
EBAY INC (EBAY)
UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS (UAL)
LEGGETT & PLATT INC (LEG)
GREAT ATLANTIC & PACIFIC (GAP)
NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO (NFX)
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS INC (VZ)
PENSKE AUTOMOTIVE GROUP INC (PAG)
CYTEC INDUSTRIES INC (CYT)
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO (LUV)
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL INC (HON)
Data provided by Egan-Jones