Daily Highlights: 10.5.2010
- Europe, Japan economies slowing, lower inflation likely: Pimco.
- Yen weakens on speculation Japan will intervene to curb currency's gains.
- AIG is said to seek up to $14.9B in Asia unit's IPO.
- AK Steel hikes electrical steel products prices by $350 per ton.
- Amazon likely to announce a deal to buy Spanish Internet retailer BuyVip for $96.5M.
- Celgene Corp. plans to issue $1.25B of debt in its debut bond sale.
- Chevron to start buying back common shares starting in Q4. Targets $500M-$1B in shares per quarter.
- Chinese wind-turbine maker Xinjiang to raise $916M in IPO.
- Excel Trust acquires two grocery anchored shopping centers for ~$70M.
- FCC investigating Verizon Wireless for 'mystery fees' charged to customers.
- Harbinger sells 14.1% stake in Inmarsat for GBP410M.
- Mosaic Q1 net nearly triples to $297.7M as revs rose 50% to $2.19B.
- Televisa will pay $1.2B to help recapitalize Univision, gain a minority stake in return.
- Toyota completed repairs on 5M vehicles involved in 3 major US recalls since 2009.
- US, AmEx in antitrust suit over rules imposed on merchants being anticompetitive.
Economic Calendar: Data on ISM Services to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ANCX, BSET, DMND, RMCF, VOL, WWW, YUM.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
TEREX CORP (TEX)
YRC WORLDWIDE INC (YRCWD)
LODGENET INTERACTIVE CORP (LNET)
ENTERGY CORP (ETR)
FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL (FNF)
COCA-COLA BOTTLING CO (COKE)
ORBITAL SCIENCES CORP (ORB)
UNIVERSAL CORP/VA (UVV)
SARA LEE CORP (SLE)
SPAIN (1841z SM)
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS (IBM)
BP PLC (BP)
Data provided by Egan-Jones