- Asian stocks rebound as commodities climb, China government acts on prices.
- BoE plans to adopt a less-intrusive approach to overseeing U.K. banks.
- Euro climbs versus Yen, Dollar on optimism Ireland aid to calm debt market.
- IMF warns of Hong Kong housing-bubble risks.
- Irish talks turn to government bailout as EU officials join IMF in Dublin.
- Moscow approves $32B sale of state assets; disposals to help cover budget deficit.
- Portugal borrowing cost rise to 4.813% from 3.260% it paid at the previous auction.
- Singapore forecasts economy to grow 4% to 6% in 2011, extending expansion.
- Spain's Q3 GDP unchanged at 0.2% vs. Q2 on austerity measures, high unemployment.
- Air France-KLM swung to Q2 profit at €290M as revs surged 19% to €6.65B.
- Applied Materials posts Q4 EPS of $0.36 (cons $0.31); revs rose 88.9% to $2.89B.
- Best Buy, following Walmart, to offer free online shipping through Dec. 21.
- Blackstone Group said it has raised more than $14B for its latest buyout fund.
- Brinks acquires Mexico's largest secure logistics company for $60M.
- Citigroup tells Congress it will refile thousands of foreclosure documents.
- Continental Airlines may sell $427.2M of debt backed by planes.
- DryShips beats by $0.13, posts Q3 EPS of $0.38. Revs fell 1.4% to $222.3M.
- Genworth Fincl plans to sell $400M of debt in a boosted offering to help repay debt.
- Glencore said to weigh raising $10B in 2011 share sale.
- GM raised at least $20.1B selling common and preferred shares in its IPO.
- Limited Brands ups 2011 EPS view to $1.82-1.97 (cons $1.94); declared a $3/sh
- Special dividend and authorized a $200M share repurchase program.
- Lowe’s Cos. plans to sell $1B of debt for working capital, stock buybacks and capex.
- Merck's experimental drug anacetrapib showed it met safety goals.
- Prudential Financial raised about $970M through a public offering of 18.35M shares.
- SABMiller’s H1 net rises 15.1% to $1.12B; EBITDA up 12.3% at $2.46B.
- Sears's Oct. net loss rises from $127M to $218M on weaker sales.
- Target predicted its Q4 would show the best holiday sales gains in three years.
- Toshiba to shut chip plant, outsource production, Semiconductor Chief says.
Economic Calendar: Data on Initial & Continuing Claims, Leading Indicators, Philadelphia Fed to be released.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
METROPCS COMMUNICATIONS INC (PCS)
WESCO INTERNATIONAL INC (WCC)
REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP (RF)
ZIONS BANCORPORATION (ZION)
TARGET CORP (TGT)
ALLEGHENY TECHNOLOGIES INC (ATI)
SAKS INC (SKS)
AT&T INC (T)
BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB CO (BMY)
BIOGEN IDEC INC (BIIB)
AMGEN INC (AMGN)
HOME DEPOT INC (HD)
Data provided by Egan-Jones