Daily Highlights: 11.30.09
- Asian stocks, currencies rise on optimism Dubai World losses won't spread.
- Bernanke says legislation limiting Fed independence Would 'impair' economy.
- China’s stocks rose after government pledged to maintain stimulus policies next year.
- India's GDP accelerates to 7.9%, may spur stimulus withdrawal.
- Japan's Fuji denies ruling out intervention in foreign exchange markets.
- Stocks in Dubai fall the most in a year on concern Dubai World may default.
- Thanksgiving Sales attract more shoppers, less average spending: Natl Retail Asso.
- Two-Year Treasuries extend rally fifth week on view Fed rates stay on hold.
- UAE. Central Bank says it 'stands behind' lenders, offers loan facility.
- UK House Prices rose 0.2% in November as home supply shortage persists.
- American Capital entered into agreement with lenders holding 95% of its credit line to support a plan to avert bankruptcy.
- Coal glut rocks mining companies, output cuts likely as reduced utility, factory demand weighs on prices.
- Geely reaches deal with Ford on IPR in its bid for it's Volvo unit.
- GM's Saab has received serious expressions of interest from potential buyers.
- ING priced its $11.2B rights issue at a hefty discount, proceeds to repay half the state aid.
- Sands China shares drop on Hong Kong trading debut after $2.5B IPO.
- ShopperTrak: Black Friday Retail Sales Up 0.5% Vs. 2008
- Sina Corp. said 3 invt firms are joining its management to invest $180M into the firm.
- Sweden unlikely to relax loan rules to finance Saab rescue, Official says.
Economic Calendar: Data on Chicago PMI to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ALOY, NRGP, OVTI, TLVT, UNFY.
Companies to watch: Alloy, Inergy Holdings, Omnivision Technologies, Telvent, Unify Corporation.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions
ARCH COAL INC (ACI)
ORBITAL SCIENCES CORP (ORB)
ROCKWELL COLLINS INC (COL)
BARNES & NOBLE INC (BKS)
CHESAPEAKE ENERGY CORP (CHK)
CLEARWIRE CORP (CLWR)
HJ HEINZ CO (HNZ)
FMC CORP (FMC)
WENDY'S/ARBY'S GROUP INC (WEN)
TYSON FOODS INC (TSN)
HORMEL FOODS CORP (HRL)
NCR CORP (NCR)
ANIXTER INTERNATIONAL INC (AXE)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics