Daily Highlights: 11.30.2010
- Asian stock markets were mostly lower Tuesday on Europe's debt woes.
- China central banker: Loose monetary policy must change.
- Euro-zone economic sentiment indicator rose to 105.3 in Nov from 103.8 in October.
- Euro drops below $1.30 for first time since mid-September amid sov.debt fears.
- German unemployment sinks again in November as economic rebound continues.
- Fed bought $7.226B in Treasury debt on Monday, the tenth operation of QE2.
- India’s economy grew 8.9% in July-Sept quarter from year ago.
- Japan Unemployment rises, output falls, showing risk economy may contract.
- North Korea confirms it has uranium-enrichment facility.
- Oil hovers below $86 in Asia as traders eye US crude inventory reports.
- Poland's economy picks up speed, growing 4.2% on the year in Q3.
- South Korea’s industrial output rises 13.5% in Oct - rose less than estimated.
- Spain's banks face $111B funding hurdle in 2011 amid bailout threat.
- Treasuries rise for third day on concern European debt crisis will spread.
- ABB to buy Baldor Electric for $63.5/sh, transaction valued at $4.2B, incl $1.1B in debt.
- ACS's $3.6B bid for Hochtief backed by German financial regulator.
- Altera reaffirmed Q4 revenue est of $543.3-559.1M vs. cons f'cast of $543.8M.
- Avon Products to sell $290M in Senior notes in private placement.
- Bank of Ireland requires an additional €2+B in capital early next year.
- Cardinal Health buys Chinese drug distributor, Zuellig Pharma, for $470M.
- Google likely to acquire closely held online discounter Groupon for $6B.
- HP plans to sell $2B of debt to repay commercial paper borrowings.
- Husky Energy to buy oil and gas properties worth $841M in W. Canada from Exxon.
- Interactive Brokers Group declared a special dividend of $1.79/sh.
- Kraft Foods announces cash debt tender offers for up to $1B.
- Microsoft sells 2.5M if its Kinect motion-sensing video game controller in 25 days.
- Lukoil posts $2.8B in Q3 net profit, 40% higher than year before due to strong sales.
- Petronas to pay $9.5B shell-sized dividend as oil production falls.
- Thor Inds misses by $0.10, posts Q1 EPS of $0.44. Revs rose 20.7% to $606.7M.
- Toyota to recall about 650,000 Prius hybrids on coolant pump defect.
- Wal-Mart offered $2.32B to buy 51% of South Africa's Massmart Holdings.
Economic Calendar: Data on Case-Shiller 20-city Index, Chicago PMI, Consumer Confidence.
Earnings Calendar: BKS, BSDM, NBG, OVTI, SNDA, TSL, UTI, XJT.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC (STX)
NYSE EURONEXT (NYX)
SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES (SPN)
MCGRAW-HILL COS INC/THE (MHP)
HUNTSMAN CORP (HUN)
FERRO CORP (FOE)
AVON PRODUCTS INC (AVP)
HORMEL FOODS CORP (HRL)
KIMCO REALTY CORP (KIM)
IRELAND (1266Z ID)
SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC (SPG)
HARRIS CORP (HRS)
Data from Egan Jones