- Asian markets rise after Wall Street rallies on positive economic data; HK up nearly 2 pct.
- Australia's central bank raises growth forecast, strongly hints at more rate hikes.
- China blasts US anti-dumping tariffs on steel pipe imports ahead of Obama visit.
- China criticizes US over pipe duties, launches auto probe ahead of first Obama visit.
- China shares rise for sixth day on better corporate earnings, ending week up 5.6 percent.
- Congress passes economic package helping jobless, homebuyers.
- Delegates discuss way forward in UN climate talks.
- Euro up slightly at $1.4877 in European morning trade ahead of key US jobs data.
- G20 finance officials face task of fulfilling pledge to lessen global trade, budget imbalances.
- Germany sees number of corporate bankruptcies rise 12.3 percent on year in August.
- Gov't. risked taxpayer trillions to save banks, and the subsidies continue, watchdog says.
- Obama, House leaders press to secure votes for sweeping health care bill.
- Oil rises above $80 in Asia as global stock markets surge.
- Singapore's DBS bank 3Q profit jumps 49 percent as fee income surges.
- South Korea ratifies India free trade deal as Asian economies expand foreign markets.
- Unemployment rate inches closer to 10 percent; jobless recovery expected but not for months.
- World unemployment is still climbing despite signs of global economy is on the rebound.
- AIG's Sept. net income rose from a $24.5B loss last year to a $455M gain this year.
- British Airways posts H1 loss of $346 as revenues slide 13.7 pct.
- CBS's Sept. operating income declined from $505M last year to $450M this year, net up.
- Fannie Mae reported a Sept. loss of $18.9B and is seeking more US help.
- German reinsurer Hannover Re 3Q net income rises to euro159M.
- Hermes International says sales of leather bags drove 10 pct revenue growth in 3rd quarter.
- Mirant's Sept. EBITDA rose from $278M last year to $311M this year.
- NEC Corp. surges more than 10 percent to 273 yen announcing plans of a new share issuance.
- Royal Bank of Scotland posts $3B Q3 loss, lending to companies up 5 percent.
- Sotheby's Sept. net loss rose from $46M last year to $58M this year.
- State Street Sept. net income rose from $477M last year to $516M this year.
- Telus's Sept. EBITDA declined from $975M last year to $923M this year.
- Toyota's Prius hybrid top-selling car in Japan for sixth straight month.
Recent Egan-Jones Rating Actions
COMMSCOPE INC (CTV)
MARSH & MCLENNAN COS INC (MMC)
SHAW GROUP INC/THE (SHAW)
SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP (SBGI)
SIRIUS XM RADIO INC (SIRI)
CVS CAREMARK CORP (CVS)
FOSTER WHEELER AG (FWLT)
COMCAST CORP (CMCSA)
TIME WARNER INC (TWX)
LAMAR ADVERTISING CO (LAMR)
TEREX CORP (TEX)
PERKINELMER INC (PKI)
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC (TMO)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics