- CEOs most optimistic on US profits since 1999 in bull signal for S&P 500: Bloomberg.
- China is 'available' to support Portugal through financial crisis, Hu says.
- China's trade surplus likely rebounded in October after narrowing in September.
- ECB rejects request for files on Greek derivative use, cites 'acute' risks.
- Euro falls as concern over Irish bond sales, Greece damps investor demand.
- Fed poised to start allowing healthy banks to increase their dividend payments.
- G-20 conflict risk eases as US says current-account targets unrealistic.
- Oil extends longest rally since April as US jobs report beats forecasts.
- World Bank Chief: G20 should consider adopting a global reserve currency based on gold as part of structural reforms.
- World Bank’s IFC plans to offer benchmark debt in US dollars.
- AIG hopes to complete its government exit before year end. Posts $2.4B loss in Q3.
- AK Steel announces $40/ton price increase for its carbon steel products.
- Amazon.com may buy Quidsi Inc., the parent co of Diapers.com, for $540M cash.
- AOL hires advisers to explore strategic options, incl a possible tie-up with Yahoo.
- AvalonBay Communities may sell up to $500M of stock over 3-yrs to fund working capital.
- Berkshire reported Q3 operating earnings of $2,787 vs. $2,055 in last year's quarter.
- Boeing has informed several clients that their Dreamliner 787s will be delayed yet again.
- Bristol-Myers tablets approved in US for treatment of Type 2 diabetes Mellitus in adults.
- CBS says TV Ad prices are up 35% from ads bought before season
- Commerzbank third-quarter profit misses estimates, shares fall
- E.ON AG in talks with investors to sell its UK electricity distribution network for GBP3.5B.
- GT Solar Co raises guidance for FY11, sees EPS of $1.00-1.10 (cons $0.93).
- Rolls-Royce shares slumped 3.0% after Qantas found oil leaks in engines
- Sara Lee to be near agreement to sell unit to Grupo Bimbo
- Shell to sell about a third of Woodside stake for A$3.31B
- STX Group plans IPOs for cruise-ship builder, China yard as orders rebound.
- TPG Capital may bid for CommScope Inc., topping $3.9B offer from Carlyle Group.
- Wal-Mart slashes toy prices to keep Target from being the low-cost leader this season.
- Walt Disney signs joint venture to build first Mainland-China theme park
- Washington post profit triples on higher-education unit and advertising gains
- Zurich Financial Redeems $1 Billion of Subordinated Debt Ahead of Schedule
Earnings Calendar: BPL, HAWK, ICCC, KWK, LGF, MDRX, MNTG, PCLN, PEIX, TESO.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
ALPHA NATURAL RESOURCES INC (ANR)
CHOICE HOTELS INTERNATIONAL (CHH)
WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP (WYN)
FLUOR CORP (FLR)
SIRIUS XM RADIO INC (SIRI)
SPRINT NEXTEL CORP (S)
STATE STREET CORP (STT)
CLEARWIRE CORP (CLWR)
DISH NETWORK CORP (DISH)
METROPCS COMMUNICATIONS INC (PCS)
UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP (UTX)
NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORP (NOC)
Data provided by Egan-Jones