Daily Highlights: 12.1.2010
- API: Crude inventories down 1.14 mln barrels.
- Australia’s GDP expanded 0.2% in Q3 - half the pace economists estimated.
- Bernanke: US growth too slow to dent unemployment.
- China's official manufacturing PMI rose to 55.2 in November from 54.7 in October.
- Consumer Confidence in US rises more than estimated to a five-month high.
- Euro trades near 11-week low as Europe debt crisis prompts risk aversion.
- Real-estate prices in 20 US cities rose in Sept at the slowest pace in 8 months.
- Trichet: EU’s determination on Euro is being 'underestimated'; hints at bond purchase rethink.
- VIX climbs to two-month high on growing European debt concern.
- AIG sells $2B of debt in insurer's first offering since U.S. Rescue
- Applied Material settles dispute with Samsung; to offer rebates, credits.
- Barclays Capital is preparing to eliminate hundreds of jobs in the next two months.
- Barnes & Noble Q2 loss narrows to $12.6M, gives cautious view.
- Carrefour to incur one-time charges related to its Brazilian ops of €550M this year.
- Chrysler plans to hire 1,000 engineers, other high-tech workers over the next 4 mths.
- Copart reports EPS in-line, posts Q1 EPS of $0.45. Revs rose 14.7% to $212.7M.
- Dynamex accepts increased offer to be acquired by Greenbriar Equity for $237.8M.
- Enterprise Products Partners to sell 10.5M units and use the proceeds to cut debt.
- EU opened an antitrust probe of Google focusing on its core search and advt businesses.
- Google in final stages of launching its e-book retailing venture, Google Editions.
- Lukoil Q3 net jumps 37% on higher oil prices, and $438M one-off gain.
- OmniVision sees Q3 EPS of $0.50-0.63 (cons $0.41); revs at $230-250M (cons $209.64M).
- Porsche investors back $6.5B share sale for VW merger.
- Rio Tinto approves $1.2B iron ore investment in Western Australian operations.
- Royal Philips Electronics forecasts full-year loss at television business
- State Street to lay-off 1,400 employees; to achieve annual pre-tax savings of $575-625M.
- Teva to repurchase $1B of shares, citing `strong' cash generation
- ThyssenKrupp swings to profit in 2010 at €824M as revs rose 5% to €42.62B.
- WSFS receives regulatory approval to purchase Christiana Bank & Trust.
Economic Calendar: Data on MBA Mortgage Applications, ISM Index, Auto Sales, Fed's Beige Book to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ARO, CWST, FNSR, JAS, KKD, PSS, SMTC, SNPS.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
ABB LTD (ABBN VX)
BALDOR ELECTRIC CO (BEZ)
MERCK & CO INC (MRK)
SCIENTIFIC GAMES CORP (SGMS)
SPAIN (1841z SM)
BAKER HUGHES INC (BHI)
CAMPBELL SOUP CO (CPB)
SHAW GROUP INC/THE (SHAW)
SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY PLC (STX)
NYSE EURONEXT (NYX)
SUPERIOR ENERGY SERVICES (SPN)
MCGRAW-HILL COS INC/THE (MHP)
Data provided by Egan Jones
- advertisements -