- Asian stocks, Copper decline before European debt talks; Treasuries gain.
- EU faces `gridlock' on debt crisis; agrees on a crisis- management mechanism in 2013.
- India’s central bank kept benchmark interest rates unchanged after 6 increases this year.
- Oil falls to near $88 in Asia despite plunge in US crude inventory.
- Qatar makes $65B bet it can remake economy in World Cup preparation.
- US foreclosure filings plunge to two-year low as lenders probe practices.
- AAR Corp beats by $0.07, posts Q2 EPS of $0.42. Revs rose 36.0% to $447M.
- Actuant's Nov. quarter net income rose from $12M to $26M.
- AutoZone authorized the repurchase of an additional $500M of common stock.
- BofA has begun potential settlement discussions with some of its largest mortgage investors.
- BP shares down 2.8% in early trading after announcement of Gulf spill lawsuit.
- Celanese hikes prices of all emulsions sold in Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
- Danaher Corp. said earnings in 2011 will be as little as $2.55/sh vs. cons est. for $2.63.
- Elan Corp agrees to pay $203M to settle US probe of Zonegran marketing.
- FleetCor sells its IPO at bottom of price range as three offerings reduced.
- General Mills Nov. quarter net income rose from $566M last year to $614M this year.
- Heico 4Q net income beats analyst expectations.
- Honeywell sees sales to rise 9% next year helped by commercial aerospace unit.
- Joy Global sees FY11 EPS at $5-5.30 vs. cons f'cast of $4.79.
- Nordson Corp. f'cast Q1 EPS to be at least $1.03, exceeding the 94-cent avg estimate.
- Novartis purchases the rest of Alcon (23% stake) for $12.9B.
- ONEOK Partners to invest up to $240M in Cana-Woodford Shale and Granite Wash plays.
- Pfizer extends tender offer to acquire King Pharmaceuticals for $14.25/sh.
- RiteAid's Nov. same store sales off 1.3%, losses were $84M last year $79M this year.
- Southwest Airlines to acquire at least 70 larger 737 aircraft over the next three years.
- Swift Transportation raises $806M via share offering.
- Twitter said it has raised a round of funding that valued the company at $3.7B.
- US sued BP, 8 others involved with the Macondo oil well blow up in GOM for all removal costs, damages and remediation costs.
- Economic Calendar: Data on Initial & Continuing Claims, Housing Starts, Philadelphia Fed to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ACN, ATU, FDX, GIS, PIR, RAD, RIMM, SCS.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
BRINKER INTERNATIONAL INC (EAT)
US BANCORP (USB)
OXFORD INDUSTRIES INC (OXM)
BROWN-FORMAN CORP (BF/A)
US BANCORP (USB)
REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP (RF)
CABLEVISION SYSTEMS CORP (CVC)
NEWMARKET CORP (NEU)
BE AEROSPACE INC (BEAV)
RAYTHEON CO (RTN)
BEST BUY CO INC (BBY)
GAMESTOP CORP (GME)
Data provided by Egan-Jones