- Bernanke says Fed may take more action to curb joblessness.
- Euro Finance Chiefs meet today as Belgium seeks bigger crisis fund.
- Most Asian stocks climb as commodity prices gain; Canon leads drop by exporters.
- Qatar shares surge to 2-year high on winning World Cup 2022 bid.
- US, S Korea, in finalizing a sweeping free-trade agreement.
- White House officials and congressional Republicans closing in on a deal that would extend current income-tax rates for all Americans.
- Aetna authorized repurchase up to an additional $750M of its common stock.
- BofA says it has met condition of Tarp exit; close to raising required $3B via asset sales.
- BP's $3B Algeria gas field sale stalled by Government
- Chevron sells 18% Indonesian gas stake to Sinopec for $680M.
- DryShips plans private offering of shares by Ocean Rig UDW worth ~$500M.
- FedEx Ground to increase 2011 rates by a net average of 4.9%.
- GE awaits verdict on Hudson cleanup; EPA expects to issue its verdict Dec. 13.
- Google to buy video software maker Widevine Tech. Financial terms undisclosed.
- Groupon is said to spurn Google’s $6B acquisition offer.
- Hitachi develops machinery to recycle rare earths for use in electronics
- HSBC Holdings sued by Madoff Trustee for $9B for alleged misconduct.
- Kroger's Q3 sales rose 5.9% to $18.7B; net up 14% at $202.2M excl charges.
- Oshkosh Corp. bags $413.2M firm- fixed-price contract from US Army.
- PE firm Advent to sell stakes in Nuevo Banco, Pronto! to Bank of Nova Scotia for more than $300M.
- Pfizer plans to seek regulatory approval next year in Europe, US to sell bosutinib.
- Riversdale Mining in talks with Rio Tinto Group on a possible $3.46B takeover.
- Starbucks in early talks with Indian companies for an entry into the country.
- Toll Brothers swings to profit, of $50.5M helped by tax benefit and fewer write-downs.
- Vodafone finalizing deal to sell its 44% stake in SFR for 7B pounds ($11B)
- YUM! Brands reaffirms 2010 EPS growth forecast of 14% (15.2% consensus).
Earnings Calendar: CIEN, DG, FCEL, FGP, HRLY, IDT, LAKE, MOV, NAVI, OXM, PBY, REXI, SAFM.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC (DRC)
BROWN SHOE CO INC (BWS)
SEACOR HOLDINGS INC (CKH)
KIRBY CORP (KEX)
SUNOCO INC (SUN)
BLYTH INC (BTH)
ROCKWELL COLLINS INC (COL)
PULTE GROUP INC (PHM)
ROCKWELL AUTOMATION INC (ROK)
SUNTRUST BANKS INC (STI)
KROGER CO/THE (KR)