Daily Highlights: 12.7.2010
- Technologies AG, maker of grinding tools, for about $448M.
- Advantest Corp. makes a buyout proposal to Verigy Ltd. worth nearly $730M.
- Autoliv has $1B for Japan acquisitions as car production rebounds.
- AutoZone's Nov. net income rises from $143M to $172M.
- Bio-Rad announces pricing of public offering of $425M senior notes; to repay old debt.
- BP said to weigh sale of some North Sea assets to fund Gulf spill clean-up.
- Dollar General's Q3 net jumped 69% to $128.1M helped by 10% rise in sales to $3.22B.
- EDF agrees to sell entire stake in EnBW for $6.2B to German state.
- Fuel Systems lowers FY10 rev guidance to $420-430M (cons $440.61M).
- Geron Corp. to sell an unspecified number of shares; to repay debt and fund drilling costs.
- Healthways increases FY10 EPS guidance to $1.12-1.19 vs con est. of $1.11.
- Hertz to sell $500M of notes to pay other debt.
- IBM sells $1B of five-year notes amid corporate acquisition spree.
- India signs $9.3B deal for Areva to build two nuclear power plants.
- MetLife sees 2011 operating results to rise as much as 45% helped by Alico acquisition.
- Pep Boys' Q3 net more than doubles to $5.7M; revs up 5% to $496.4M.
- Sprint Nextel Corp. said it would begin shutting down its Nextel network in 2013.
- Stryker to sell OP-1 for use in orthopaedic bone applications to Olympus for $60M.
- Tesco sales rise 6.8%, led by gains in US around Thanksgiving.
- Toronto-Dominion said to be In talks to buy Cerberus's Chrysler Financial.
- US Treasury raised about $10.5B selling its remaining stake in Citigroup Inc.
Economic Calendar: Data on Consumer Credit to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: AZO, BMO, CASY, COO, HRB, MTN, MW, TLB.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
POLYONE CORP (POL)
NATIONAL FUEL GAS CO (NFG)
OMNICOM GROUP INC (OMC)
VULCAN MATERIALS CO (VMC)
INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF (IPG)
APACHE CORP (APA)
HELIX ENERGY SOLUTIONS (HLX)
DRESSER-RAND GROUP INC (DRC)
BROWN SHOE CO INC (BWS)
SEACOR HOLDINGS INC (CKH)
KIRBY CORP (KEX)
SUNOCO INC (SUN)
Data by Egan-Jones
- advertisements -