Daily Highlights: 2.05.10
- Asian stocks fall most in 10 weeks on US jobless claims.
- Australian central bank raises outlook, sees 3.25%-3.5% growth ahead.
- Bank of England voted against extending its bond buying program.
- China announces anti-dumping steps on US chicken amid trade disputes.
- China's stocks drop for 3rd week on global recovery concern.
- Gold saw its biggest slide in 16 months, joining other metals in a broad sell-off.
- Hong Kong stocks fall, headed for longest run of weekly losses since 2008.
- Swiss Franc declines from 15-month high on intervention speculation.
- U.S. stock slide continues as jobless claims weigh.
- U.S. Treasury to sell $77Bin bills.
- Abercrombie & Fitch January same-store sales were up 8% vs. cons est. of -8%.
- World stocks tumble after Wall Street decline amid concern about global weakness.
- Air Products offers to buy Airgas for about $7B in stock and debt.
- Berkshire to sell $8B of debt to finance the takeover of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corp.
- Cigna swings to Q4 profit of $330M, topping estimates. Revs dip 3.8% to $4.64B.
- Colgate to buy back 40M shares over two years.
- CVS may get earnings 'windfall' from Lipitor, Plavix generics.
- DBS Grp Hldgs' Q4 net rises 67% to $347M on stronger fee income and stable expenses.
- Kellogg expects Y10 EPS growth of 11-13% vs. prev view of 10-12% growth.
- Kraft, Berkshire raise $17.5B for acquisitions.
- MF Global Hldgs reported its fourth consecutive quarterly loss, at $27.9M. Revs down 41%.
- Northrop Grumman posts Q4 profit of $413M, amid absence of charges.
- Reynolds American's Q4 net falls 17% amid declining volume, higher pension cost.
- State Street to pay back $313M to investors for misleading them about subprime.
- Sunoco Inc., cites weak fuel demand, posts Q4 net at $26M, down 87%.
- Thai Airways plans to raise up to $756M via equity sale to reduce debt.
- T-Mobile parent Deutsche Telekom is exploring an IPO or spinoff of the business.
- Toyota f'casts surprise net profit for the current fiscal year, sees recall cost ay $2B.
- Toyota to recall Prius in U.S. over brakes: report.
- Unibail-Rodamco to buy Simon Ivanhoe, a investor in shopping centers, for €715M.
- Weyerhaeuser Q4 loss narrows, misses expectations.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
WESTERN UNION CO/THE (WU)
ROPER INDUSTRIES INC (ROP)
STARWOOD HOTELS & RESORTS (HOT)
RENT-A-CENTER INC/TX (RCII)
AVON PRODUCTS INC (AVP)
YUM! BRANDS INC (YUM)
AMETEK INC (AME)
PEPSI BOTTLING GROUP INC (PBG)
NUCOR CORP (NUE)
METLIFE INC (MET)
MARATHON OIL CORP (MRO)
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC (TMO)
PROTECTIVE LIFE CORP (PL)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics