Daily Highlights: 2.9.10
- Abu Dhabi is set to award almost $2B in onshore oil service contracts.
- Most Asian stocks decline as European deficit concerns increase.
- China's January surge in lending probably exceeded fourth quarter's total.
- Copper imports by China may halve from last year’s record.
- Dow closes below 10,000 for first time in 3 months.
- ECB may be forced to delay exit of emergency lending measures amid Greece concern.
- European default-risk index at fresh high on renewed concerns over Spain, Greece.
- Oil lingered below $72/bbl on uncertainity related to global economic growth.
- UK retail sales rose 1.2% in January compared to a year earlier, the poorest January .
- Atmel beats by $0.04, reports Q4 EPS of $0.04. Revenues rose 2.7% to $343.6M.
- Charles River Labs swung to Q4 profit of $17.1M on absence of charges. Revs fell 5.2% to $295.4M.
- CIT Group said it plans to repay $750M of "high cost" debt.
- CVS Caremark's Q4 net rises 10% to $1.05B as revs rose 7% to $25.8B.
- Edison SpA's 2009 net falls 31% to €240M amid weaker natural gas and electricity ops.
- Electronic Arts' Q3 loss narrowed to $82M on lower charges. Revs fell 25% to $1.24B.
- Hartford Fincl Srvcs swings to Q4 profit of $557m vs. year-ago loss of $806M. Sees 2010 core EPS at $3.70-4.
- Hasbro's Q4 profit rose 77% to $165.6M on a 12% rise in revs at $1.38B.
- Japan Air said to stay in American-Oneworld group, rejecting Delta offer.
- Macquarie Group sees 2H profit to be potentially 10% higher than its 1H result.
- Nissan reported an operating profit of 134.07 billion yen ($1.5B) for the October-
- Owens & Minor reports Q4 net at $32.3M, beating est. Revs rose 4.2% to $2.04B.
- SingTel beats expectations, Q3 net rises 24% to $697M on better performance at associate levels, favourable FX rates.
- Toyota to fix Prius Hybrids sold in Japan as global recall tops 8M.
- UPS to furlough at least 300 of its pilots, cites continued need for belt-tightening.
- W.R. Berkley beats by $0.04, posts Q4 EPS of $0.71. Revs up 9% at $1.18B.
Economic Calendar: Data on Trade Balance, Crude Inventories & Treasury Budget to be released.
Earnings: AFG, AGCO, BIIB, CHD, CNC, CXW, DIS, EOG, IACI, QUIK, TAP, TCO, UBS, UDR, VMC, WMG, XL.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC (ATK)
MGM MIRAGE (MGM)
NCR CORP (NCR)
BEAZER HOMES USA INC (BZH)
TYSON FOODS INC (TSN)
PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC (PENN)
AMERICAN AXLE & MANUFACTURING (AXL)
HASBRO INC (HAS)
TIME WARNER INC (TWX)
KELLOGG CO (K)
COMCAST CORP (CMCSA)
CIT GROUP INC/OLD (CITGQ)
PPL CORP (PPL)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings And Analytics