- Asian shares mostly lower; but exporters hold Tokyo up.
- China won't succumb to foreign pressure on revaluation of Yuan, Zhong says.
- Dubai supports Dubai World’s debt restructuring with $9.5B of funds
- European try to find solution to Greek debt crisis as euro slides, Portugal downgraded.
- Germany asserts European clout to impose IMF role in EU rescue of Greece.
- IMF could demand stricter path out of Greece's economic crisis than EU.
- Oil hovers below $81 in Asia after US crude inventories increase.
- Soft-drink volume fell 2.1% in the US last year, but pace of decline eased from 2008.
- Trichet says the bank will leave emergency collateral rules in place into 2011.
- Aiful's debt valued at 31.375% in first auction for Japanese company swaps.
- Americans saying 'no' to Toyota after recalls as Ford leads opinion survey.
- Campbell Soup CEO: Soup sales are picking up in response to promotional efforts.
- Caterpillar to take a $100M hit in earnings on additional taxes from new health-care legislation.
- China’s second-largest mobile operator, China Unicom, drops Google from new handsets.
- CKE Restaurants's Q4 net rises to $15.4M from year-ago's $2.6M. Revs fell 4.8% to $311.7M.
- Daimler, Renault talks reach final leg; deal to seal pact with cross-shareholding.
- Dubai's govt to inject $9.5B into Dubai World, real estate developer Nakheel.
- GE collected $300M by selling half its stake in Genpact Ltd., India-based BPO arm.
- Hedge funds controlling big chunks of MGM's debt unwilling to sell for a lowball price.
- Lennar narrows loss in Q1 to $6.5M, revs fell 3.1% to $574.4M. Sees profitable 2010.
- Lukoil abandoned a project in Iran, and posted a 23% decline in 2009 profit on lower prices.
- Nvidia to launch first chip using its next-generation graphics technology on Friday.
- Paychex's Q3 net falls 14.3% to $112M as revs fell 4% to $507.8M.
- Raytheon hikes dividend 21% to $1.51; announces new $2B share repurchase plan.
- Schlumberger buys Geoservices from Astorg and minority shareholders; for $1.07B.
- Starbucks announced its first-ever dividend, plans to make it to 35-40% of net income.
- Target Corp. lost a bid to avoid lawsuit over its role in sale of the Mervyn's dept chain.
- Wal-Mart sells $2B debt of senior notes in two parts.
- Zurich Financial revises annual net profit upward by $747M.
Economic Calendar: Data on Continuing Claims, Initial Claims to be released today.
Earnings Calendar: ACN, APP, BBY, CAG, CPWM, FINL, FRED, GRO, MKC, ORCL, SCHL,TEAR, TXI, WSCI, WTSLA.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
LIN TV CORP (TVL)
CARNIVAL CORP (CCL)
JACK IN THE BOX INC (JACK)
KB HOME (KBH)
PRICELINE.COM INC (PCLN)
SOUTHERN COPPER CORP (SCCO)
EXPEDIA INC (EXPE)
REVLON INC (REV)
AGCO CORP (AGCO)
BON-TON STORES INC/THE (BONT)
BECKMAN COULTER INC (BEC)
TIME WARNER INC (TWX)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics