- Asian stocks fall for fifth day on Europe concern; Commodity shares gain.
- British government plans to partially privatize struggling Royal Mail.
- China officials say won't yield to yuan pressure at U. S. talks.
- China's growth unexpectedly accelerated in the first quarter of 2010: Poll.
- Euro falls to lowest since April 2006 on European debt crisis.
- Fed officials are in no rush to sell mortgage assets, Meeting minutes show.
- Indian telecom outlook uncertain after 3G auction.
- Japan growth quickens on exports, fails to end deflation as Kan pushes BOJ.
- Taiwan's economy expanded most in 30 years on.
- U. K. April retail sales increase for a third month.
- US inflation slid last month to its lowest level in 44 years, highlighting a potentially troublesome unevenness in the global recovery.
- Alpha Natural Resources Board authorizes $125M share repurchase.
- AMR expects at least $500M in cost, revenue benefits by 2012 from an array of alliance and network changes.
- Applied Materials swings to Q2 profit of $264M as revs jumped to $2.3B from $1.02B.
- BJ's Wholesale said earnings rose 7.4% on increased sales and membership fees.
- Chico's FAS reports EPS; posts Q1 EPS of $0.20. Revs rose 17.3% to $481.6M.
- Deere raised 2010 profit outlook to $1.6B (prev $1.3B) after reporting a 16% rise in qtrly profit,
- Dubai World, creditors reach $23.5B debt deal.
- Eaton Vance Q2 earnings rose 40% to $36M. Revs up 38% at $273M.
- Honeywell International Inc. said it plans to acquire Sperian Protection SA for $1.4B.
- Hormel's earnings fell 3.1% on restructuring and health-charge charges.
- Limited Brands beats by $0.06, posts Q1 EPS of $0.25. Revs rose 12.0% to $1.93B.
- National Grid plans $4.6B rights offer; shares slide.
- Nexen sells Canadian heavy oil properties for C$975M.
- Novartis to pay $250M in bias case.
- Petrobras may delay $25B share sale if global market slump worsens.
- Repsol YPF SA expects to raise around $3B by selling 20% stake in its Argentine unit YPF SA.
- SABMiller profit misses estimates on Asia, Europe.
- Sears' net income falls to $16M on higher costs; appliance rebates help spur sales.
Economic Calendar: Data on Initial Claims, Leading Indicators & Philadelphia Fed to be released.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
E*TRADE FINANCIAL CORP (ETFC)
OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM CORP (OXY)
AMERICAN AXLE & MANUFACTURING (AXL)
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORP (AM)
GREAT ATLANTIC & PACIFIC (GAP)
OVERSEAS SHIPHOLDING (OSG)
ANADARKO PETROLEUM CORP (APC)
CAPITAL ONE FINANCIAL CORP (COF)
SHERWIN-WILLIAMS CO/THE (SHW)
DENBURY RESOURCES INC (DNR)
VALSPAR CORP (VAL)
SUNCOR ENERGY INC (SU CN)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics