- Asian shares were mostly higher Monday, lifted by Friday's mild gains on Wall Street.
- ECB governor said interest rates in the euro zone will remain on hold for many months.
- Euro concerns put plan to introduce a single currency for GCC nations on hold.
- Euro volatility signalling weakness as traders lose confidence in currency.
- French, German banks continued to hold the greatest exposure to euro-zone countries.
- South Korea's Won advances on tighter forwards curbs, risk of intervention.
- Taiwan, China say they reach a basic agreement on reducing trade tariffs.
- UK economy will grow faster than previously f'cast as a weaker pounds helps exports.
- Agricultural Bank of China Ltd. may raise as much as $15B in the Hong Kong IPO.
- Axa in talks to sell most of its U.K. life insurance unit to Resolution Ltd. for $4.1B.
- BP may lose US oil leases, contracts as Obama considers spill punishment.
- Cablevision agrees to buy Bresnan Communications for $1.36B.
- GM's IPO will enhance financial flexibility.
- KKR may acquire $400M stake in Texas Eagle Ford shale formation from Hilcorp Energy.
- Lions Gate in talks with lenders to waive or amend its credit facilities to prevent a default.
- Marsh & McLennan to pay $500M for Alaska pension misjudgements.
- Santander expects 2010 profit to be similar to last year's; despite economic uncertainty.
- Swiss Re sees moderate industry growth, M&A increase.
- Thailand’s govt plans to offer to buy Temasek's stake in satellite monopoly Thaicom Pcl.
- The Mosaic Co. is in talks to acquire Mexico's Grupo Fertinal SA de CV for ~$1B.
- Xinjiang Goldwind shelves its $1.2B Hong Kong IPO share sale.
Earnings Calendar: AOI, CCL, CMRO, CRVP, GMTC, KFY, LAKE, LZB, MDZ, MPAA, SURG.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
AMETEK INC (AME)
NATIONAL SEMICONDUCTOR CORP (NSM)
PERKINELMER INC (PKI)
INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO (IP)
PALL CORP (PLL)
MURPHY OIL CORP (MUR)
BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP (BPL)
NEWFIELD EXPLORATION CO (NFX)
SPX CORP (SPW)
CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC (CNP)
ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC (ATK)
SPRINT NEXTEL CORP (S)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics