Daily Highlights: 7.12.10
- Australian home-loan approvals climbed in May, first gain in eight months
- Bank of Korea raises country's 2010 growth forecast to 5.9%.
- Big election losses could hinder Japan ruling party attempts to revive economy.
- China shares rise led by banks and property developers.
- Euro falls below $1.26 in morning European trading; pound also lower.
- Frankfurt airport passenger numbers up 7 percent on year in June, 1.4 percent in 1st half.
- French President Sarkozy to go on national television amid scandal involving L'Oreal cosmetics.
- India's industrial production slows in May while expanding at double-digit rate.
- Taiwan Central Bank seeks to curb housing speculation as prices surge 20%
- Oil falls to near $75 in Asia.
- UK confirms Q1 economic growth was 0.3 percent, marking 2nd quarter of post-recession growth.
- US Treasury yields near two-week high as easing Europe concerns damp demand.
- World stock markets mostly rise as China trade, South Korea growth upgrade lift sentiment.
- Yen weakens against Euro on Japan elections; Asian exporter stocks advance.
- Asics to buy Swedish Haglofs Holding AB to expand abroad.
- AON to buy Hewitt for $4.9B.
- BP says cost of dealing with the oil spill reaches $3.5B.
- BP shares rise more than 5% in early trading as repairs in Deepwater Horizon progress.
- Google to expand in the online gaming sector; invests $100M in Zynga.
- LG Electronics mulls developing TVs using Google software.
- Santander signs an agreement to buy Swedish bank SEB's German business.
- Standard Chartered bank to buy GE Commercial Financing SG.
- Tour operator Thomas Cook to buy Germany's Oeger Tours for $38M.
- Toyota invites experts to improve quality control.
- Weyerhaeuser declares a record $5.6B special dividend.
Earnings Calendar: AA, AMR, CAW, CCBP, CSX, KMP, MFSF, NVLS, PKX, SHAW, VOXX.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
DOMTAR CORP (UFS)
COLLECTIVE BRANDS INC (PSS)
SEMPRA ENERGY (SRE)
BECKMAN COULTER INC (BEC)
COEUR D'ALENE MINES CORP (CDE)
LIN TV CORP (TVL)
MAGNA INTERNATIONAL INC (MGA)
CLEARWIRE CORP (CLWR)
AIRGAS INC (ARG)
MICHAELS STORES INC (MIK)
AES CORP/THE (AES)
Data probvided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics
- advertisements -