Daily Highlights: 7.16.10
- Americans blame Bush, not Obama, for deficit, jobs and Afghan War
- Asian stocks fall for 2nd day, Yen strengthens on US output.
- China interest-rate swaps decline to one-year low on slower growth outlook.
- Cost of Living, Consumer confidence in US probably dropped.
- Crude oil falls a third day as economic reports show recovery may falter.
- Turkey's central bank kept its benchmark interest rate steady at 7%.
- Advanced Micro beats by $0.05, reports Q2 EPS of $0.11. Revs rose 5.1% to $1.65B.
- AgriBank gains in Hong Kong on debut after $19.2B IPO.
- Airbus & Boeing duopoly starts to crack as rivals from Canada, China and Russia attack
- Bank of America's June net income down slightly from $3.2B last year to $3.1B this year.
- Arthur J. Gallagher announces new $500 mln credit facility.
- BP nears $11B asset sale to Apache
- BP Plc may saddle potential buyers of its assets with lawsuits as it tries to raise money.
- BP test cap temporarily staunched the Gulf oil leak.
- Carrefour reported a 6.3% rise in qtrly sales, helped by a positive FX impact.
- CitiGroup's June net income declined from $4.3B last year to $2.7B this year.
- GE's June net income rises from $2.7N last year to $3.1B this year.
- GlaxoSmithKline to record $2.4B in charges in Q2 to cover the cost of settling legal disputes.
- Goldman will pay $550M to SEC to settle charges related to subprime mortgage CDOs.
- Google misses by $0.07, posts Q2 EPS of $6.45. Revs rose 25.0% to $5.09B.
- Honam Petrochemical to buy Malaysia's Titan Chemicals for $1.25B.
- Nokia board faces call for change on $77B lost value
- Polycom reports Q2 EPS of $0.34 (cons $0.32); revs rose 27.7% to $295M.
- Schwab's June net income remains at $205M.
- Smithtown Bancorp to merge with People's United Financial for ~$4/share.
- Sony Ericsson swings to second-quarter profit
- Spectra Energy acquires Bobcat's Gas Storage assets and development project for $540M.
- Wal-Mart said to seek $1.2B selling Samurai bond sales on July 21
- WP Carey plans to spend about $3B buying European properties and leasing them back.
Economic Calendar: Data on CPI, Mich Sentiment to be released.
Earnings Calendar: BAC, C, COL, CWBC, GCI, GE, GPC, KNL, MAT, PBNY, SCHW, STBC, VOL, WCBO.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
APACHE CORP (APA)
PLAYBOY ENTERPRISES INC (PLA)
MYLAN INC/PA (MYL)
INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY CORP (ISCA)
JPMORGAN CHASE & CO (JPM)
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL (MAR)
CNO FINANCIAL GROUP INC (CNO)
DEL MONTE FOODS CO (DLM)
TORCHMARK CORP (TMK)
AFLAC INC (AFL)
NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORP (NOC)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics
- advertisements -