Daily Highlights: 8.12.2010
- Bank of England lowers UK's GDP growth outlook. Stirs speculation of more intervention.
- Buyers' Credit helped home prices rise in two-thirds of U.S. metropolitan areas in Q2.
- IEA warns of Gulf spill effect on new oil supplies.
- India looks to shake up its banks; Central bank reviews banking ownership rules.
- US trade gap swells to 21-month high; deficit with China more than half of total.
- Advance Auto beats by $0.13, posts Q2 EPS of $1.16. Revs up 7.2% at $1.42B. Plans $300M share repurchase program.
- AIG to sell 80% of its money-losing consumer-lending business to Fortress Investment.
- AB InBEv beat expectations, Q2 profit up 7.4% at $1.15B, despite 3.4% fall in revs.
- Aegon fourth straight quarterly profit as asset impairments decline
- Barnes & Noble expected to announce Burkle settlement.
- Boston Scientific resolves all issues in corporate warning letter from FDA.
- BMW & Toyota to lose 2,100 cars a day after South Africa strike cuts output
- British Airways & Cathay recall Boeing 747 jumbo jets from California Desert
- Centrica to buy gas assets from Suncor for C$375M.
- Cisco posts 79% jump in Q4 net; Sees FY1Q sales up 18%-20% YoY.
- CIT refinanced $3B of its first lien debt, prepaid the ~$1B with available corporate cash.
- E.ON's Q2 net dropped 12% to €1.63B, hit by higher interest expenses and taxes.
- GM secures $5B credit facility.
- Google to sell advertising on cable channels available on DirecTV.
- General Motors to aim for up to $16B in stock sale, reports $1.5B profit for June.
- Green Mountain to sell 7% stake to Luigi Lavazza for $250M.
- Icahn extends tender offer for Lions Gate common shares to Oct 22.
- Legg Mason's Q1 net down 4.2% as AUM fell 2% to $645.4B.
- Prudential rules out a further bid for AIA
- RenaissanceRe approves share repurchase program of up to an aggregate of $500M.
- RWE H1 revenue up 12% to €27.35B, operating profit rises 21%.
- Sara Lee's June net income rises from $-14M to $187M.
- SingTel's Q1 net falls 0.2% due to lower contributions from its associates.
- SRA Intl's Q4 net rises 19% to $20.9M, beats guidance. Backlog up 10% at $4.45B.
- Telstra annual net profit fell 4.7% to $3.48B amid declining revenues, tough competition.
Economic Calendar: Data on Trade Initial & Continuing Claims, Export Prices to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ADSK, APPA, BH, CACH, EAT, EL, JWN, KSS, PFIN, RDEN, SLE, WEN.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
MACY'S INC (M)
LEGG MASON INC (LM)
AMERICAN GREETINGS CORP (AM)
SONIC AUTOMOTIVE INC (SAH)
UNIFI INC (UFI)
ALLIANT TECHSYSTEMS INC (ATK)
MCDERMOTT INTERNATIONAL INC (MDR)
FRONTIER OIL CORP (FTO)
WALT DISNEY CO/THE (DIS)
LIZ CLAIBORNE INC (LIZ)
WCA WASTE CORP (WCAA)
MYLAN INC/PA (MYL)
Data provided by Egan-Jones Ratings and Analytics