Daily Highlights: 8.30.2010
- Bank of Japan expands bank-loan program as Yen's climb threatens expansion.
- ECB likely to extend emergency banking industry aid: reports.
- European markets rose in early trade, tracking gains in Asia.
- Fed confronts further signs of slowdown amid skepticism on policy tools.
- Pace of UK's GDP growth will slow sharply over the medium term: Comm Chambers.
- Stocks rally as Japan, US pledge measures to boost economy; Yen climbs.
- UK house prices fall most in 16 months as market hits 'repricing' phase.
- Singapore tightens loan limits to cool housing market.
- 3Par goes for HP's $2 billion offer.
- Anglo American has put $1B international assets of Scaw Metals up for sale.
- Berkshire, Allstate express interest in buying RBS' insurance business, Direct Line.
- Google to acquire start-up Angstro; terms undisclosed. Plans pay-per-view films
- Intel finalizes deal to acquire Infineon's wireless-chip unit for $1.4B.
- Posco buys Daewoo International stake for $2.8B to expand resources.
- Riley Group plans to acquire 100% of WPCS in a cash/stock deal for $3.50/sh.
- Sanofi-Aventis on Sunday went public with its $18.5B all cash bid for Genzyme.
- Southwest Airlines leases 36 slots at Newark Airport from Continental Airlines.
Vodafone is preparing to sell its 3.2% stake in China Mobile for more than GBP4B.
Economic Calendar: Data on Personal Income & Spending, PCE Prices to be released.
Earnings Calendar: DCI, DGAS, FEED, GRO, JOSB, JTX, PIKE, SWS, VOL, WINN.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
CHARLES RIVER LABORATORIES (CRL)
LINCOLN NATIONAL CORP (LNC)
TESORO CORP (TSO)
SOUTHERN CO (SO)
SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC (SPG)
PIONEER NATURAL RESOURCES (PXD)
NEXTERA ENERGY INC (NEE)
BASIC ENERGY SERVICES INC (BAS)
FLUOR CORP (FLR)
INTERNATIONAL GAME TECH. (IGT)
RYDER SYSTEM INC (R)
Data provided by Egan-Jones