- Asian commodity stocks rise on growth hopes; Japanese shares fall on Yen.
- China's currency advances to a fresh high against the U.S. dollar; CB sets the yuan-dollar parity rate at 6.7378.
- China plans to introduce credit-default swaps by year-end, Official says.
- Euro rises against dollar in morning European trading to $1.2877.
- European industrial production stagnant in July.
- EU raises 2010 growth forecasts; warns growth likely to slow in H2.
- German investor confidence may decline to 18-month low as economy cools.
- Greece raises $1.5B in oversubscribed 26-week treasury bill auction.
- Hong Kong to lead housing growth; US, Europe face interest-rate threat.
- Japanese PM wins party vote; will stay in power.
- Ohio State's $655M sale leads a resurgence in Build America Bonds.
- Saudi reveals large unconventional gas reserves.
- Turkey's economy grows 10.3% in second quarter.
- US corporate credit risk benchmark declines to the lowest in five weeks.
- Wen says China's economy is in 'good shape,' cautions on property prices.
- Yen rose sharply after PM Naoto Kan survived a challenge to his leadership.
- AIG in talks to speed up an exit plan designed to repay taxpayers' money.
- Allied Irish in race to raise $6.3B after selling Polish bank unit.
- Bank of America should repurchase $20B in mortgages, Insurers say.
- Chinese pipe makers Tianjin, Hengyang face US import duties of up to 99%.
- Churchill Downs to acquire a small Mississippi casino for $138M in cash.
- Cigna Corp. is expanding overseas to find growth amid uncertainties at home.
- HB Fuller misses by $0.06, reports Q3 EPS of $0.38 as revs rose 7.4% to $338.6M.
- Microsoft is said to plan debt sale to pay for dividends, buy back shares.
- Nokia's smartphone business, Anssi Vanjoki, resigns.
- Philips says it will grow sales 2% faster than the global economy for the next 5 years.
- Toyota will introduce 6 new hybrid, gasoline-electric vehicles by 2012 globally.
- US Justice Dept expects to file a civil suit in relation to Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Volkswagen's August sales rose 11.2% to 545,500 vehicles.
Economic Calendar: Data on Retail Sales, Business Inventories to be released.
Earnings Calendar: BBY, GMTC, KR, LAKE, MDZ, PLL, PRLS, WPCS.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
MARATHON OIL CORP (MRO)
BB&T CORP (BBT)
BE AEROSPACE INC (BEAV)
COLLECTIVE BRANDS INC (PSS)
AMGEN INC (AMGN)
WR BERKLEY CORP (WRB)
SYMANTEC CORP (SYMC)
CLOROX CO (CLX)
ZIONS BANCORPORATION (ZION)
MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP (MI)
CIMAREX ENERGY CO (XEC)
CIMAREX ENERGY CO (XEC)
Data provided by Egan-Jones