Daily Highlights: 9.15.2010 - Japan, Singapore Interventions, CNY At Record As China Now Sells USDJPY
- API sees 3.3-million-barrel increase in oil inventory.
- China's steel output cut to continue through 2010: Industry Ministry.
- China Mobile and Vodafone to cooperate on high-speed wireless
- Fed differ on question of how weak the economic outlook should get before they move to take major steps to boost growth.
- Japanese shares rise as currency intervention drives down Yen; Gold climbs.
- OPEC sees no change to production quota at meeting in October.
- Retail Sales in US increase more than estimated in second monthly rise.
- Singapore authority to intervene second time in a month to bring down the S'pore dollar.
- Yen tumbles as Japan FM Noda confirms currency intervention- first time since 2004.
- Yuan climbs to record as gains quicken ahead of US Committee meetings.
- Adobe, Symantec sued by Uniloc over patent rights.
- AIG is considering spinning off its Taiwan life insurance unit for a local listing.
- BP cited for safety lapses in North Sea; Ability to manage disaster questioned.
- Casey's General Stores rejected Alimentation Couche's buyout offer of $38.50/sh.
- Cisco to initiate dividend that may have yield of 1% to 2%: Chambers.
- Delta Air leads U.S. carrier index after forecasts
- Deutsche Telekom says CEO Obermann is suspect in German corruption probe
- Google to challenge Facebook with new social features this year.
- Hologic does not expect FDA to approve its Tomosynthesis system next week.
- MasterCard's Board approves $1B share buyback following stock drop.
- Morgan Stanley sued by China Development Industrial Bank over CDO losses
- National Australia Bank walked away from its $12.2B bid for AXA.
- NextEra Energy plans to sell $350M of equity unit at $50 each.
- Office Depot expects Q3 operating profit to be lower than expected.
- RealNetworks buys Canadian social-games co., Backstage Tech. Terms not disclosed.
- Sonic Corp. said same-store sales in the fourth quarter fell 6.4% for the system.
- Steel Dynamics f'casts Q3 EPS of $0.05-0.10 on lower margins.
- WTO to rule Boeing got improper aid.
Economic Calendar: Data on Export & Import Prices, Industrial Prodn, Capacity Utilization & Crude Inventories to be released.
Earnings Calendar: AIR, APOG, CLC, DBRN, GRO, MTRX, PDEX.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORP (SWHC)
EDISON INTERNATIONAL (EIX)
BEST BUY CO INC (BBY)
AVERY DENNISON CORP (AVY)
ABITIBIBOWATER INC (ABWTQ)
STAPLES INC (SPLS)
AMR CORP (AMR)
FISERV INC (FISV)
PLAINS ALL AMERICAN (PAA)
MICROSOFT CORP (MSFT)
MARATHON OIL CORP (MRO)
Data provided by Egan Jones