Daily Highlights: 9.21.2010
- Asian stocks gain as US economic concerns ease.
- Australia increases commodity export sales forecast to record $203B.
- ECB steps up its bond buys amid worries of default by Greece, Portugal, Ireland.
- Escaping double dip to growth recession means no unemployment relief seen.
- Greece sells 13-week T-bills, yield drops to 3.98%
- Gulf states in $123B US arms spree; Arab nations seek to counter power of Iran.
- Oil falls after US Homebuilder Confidence reading prompts demand concern.
- Treasuries hold gain as Fed may say it is open to boosting debt purchases.
- US recession ended in June 2009, NBER says amid threat of renewed slump.
- Yuan climbs to strongest since 1993 after Obama criticizes China policies.
- AT&T to sell satellite-enabled smart phone.
- BHP extends bid for Potash; attempt to secure approval from Canadian watchdog.
- Canadian Pacific announces $350M debt offering; prepayment to its pension plans.
- Capital IQ is buying smaller rival TheMarkets.com for $300M.
- Caterpillar bags Defense contract to provide wheeled tractor scrapers for $641.2M.
- Commonwealth REIT to sell 5M shares, use proceeds to reduce debt.
- Conagra's Aug. net income down from $165M to $146M.
- Deutsche Bank to raise more than $13B for Postbank acquisition, and to boost capital.
- Eurasian Natural Res to buyout the balance of 50% of Bahia Minerals for $670M.
- Experian buys Mighty Net, which provides online credit monitoring srvcs, for $207.5M.
- FDA approves Medtronic Inc.'s Integrity heart stent.
- GM China partner SAIC may buy stake in automaker's IPO: Chairman Hu.
- Hewlett-Packard, Oracle agreed to settle a legal dispute over the hiring of Mark Hurd.
- Home Properties sees Q3 FFO/sh at high end of, or above its prev view of $0.73-0.77.
- IBM to acquire data specialist Netezza in a deal valued at $1.78B.
- Imax to install 15 Imax systems in China.
- Kerr-McGee Corp. fined $22.9M by Fed judge for hiding royalties it owed to the govt.
- Lennar Corp. swing to Q3 profit of $30M as revs jumped 14% to $825M.
- M&T Bank is said to consider giving up majority stake to Banco Santander.
- Sempra Energy, RBS to sell electricity retail unit to Noble Group Ltd. for $317M.
- TeleNav Inc. f'casts 2011 EPS to be $0.55-0.60 vs. cons est. of $0.85.
Economic Calendar: Data on Housing Starts, Building Permits & FOMC Rate Decision to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ADBE, ALOG, AZO, CAG, CCL, CTAS, PDEX, PRGS.
RECENT RATING ACTIONS
DELUXE CORP (DLX)
SHAW COMMUNICATIONS INC (SJR)
ROCK-TENN CO (RKT)
TRW AUTOMOTIVE HOLDINGS (TRW)
CMS ENERGY CORP (CMS)
STONE ENERGY CORP (SGY)
MCKESSON CORP (MCK)
PALL CORP (PLL)
PHI INC (PHII)
CVS CAREMARK CORP (CVS)
SLM CORP (SLM)
Data provided by Egan-Jones