Defying Gravity One Round Of QE At A Time

Tyler Durden's picture

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Tic tock's picture

Diet tip- take up smoking

Pamela Anderson's picture

Something or "someone" is distorting the correlation between equities and yield by holding the S&P... I am not joking

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9844/ready2r.jpg

Cognitive Dissonance's picture

Thanks Nic.

Any one notice how muted the pre-market is despite "good" reports from BAC and GE? And this was before C reported. This is where things get interesting. When "good" news doesn't push a market up, what exactly will?

Cue the ominous music boys. The sharks are circling.

Minyan Vince's picture

CD-

where do you get good news from BAC and GE...top line fell out of bed!

Cognitive Dissonance's picture

That was why I put "good" in quotes. Because it must be true since CNBC told me it was. If Becky and Joe tell me all is well, I pull the covers over my head, hit snooze and get another 30 minutes of shut eye. :>)

Minyan Vince's picture

ah ha...gotcha...good to know about the Becky and Joe tell tale..now I don't have to get up @ 5am everymorning :-)

10044's picture

Gold's gettin hammered, fcking jpmc, actually thx jpmc for making it cheaper to buy

Cognitive Dissonance's picture

While Gold remains within it's lower channel, it appears Gold and Gold miners are being set up for a take down along with the market. While the ability of the powers that be to manipulate Gold has been diminished of late, they still have a few tricks up their sleeves.

Early this morning I slapped on some Gold (ETF) shorts to protect my miners. Ops, maybe it was puny little me that moved the Gold market? :>)

Al Huxley's picture

I've found that buying GDX puts when it hits the top of its channel has been a better hedge for my mining stocks than using GLD.  Takes a lot of the pain out of holding the stocks through the volatility.

LoneStarHog's picture

GLD Options Expiry...Right at MaxPain...But there is NO manipulation, per CFTC criminals...

Minyan Vince's picture

how long will micro trump macro....

Joe Shmoe's picture

I keep wondering about this too.  Should we look to extreme examples like North Korea (as in, the extreme of manipulation)?

Quinvarius's picture

Euro Libor rates are blowing the top out.  You may think you see liquidity, but it is not in the system.

KevinH's picture

So what is your take on the recent action on the Nikkei, falling 400+ points to 9355, on a technical level? I know the huge support is at 9000 and it looks like we will retest it next week.

Joe Shmoe's picture

Does technical analysis even hold up in this market?  

Stink_Pickle's picture

anyone got a read on TW's ecri growth?

barkingbill's picture

the nikkei plunges and somehow you see it as a bullish indicator? 

KevinH's picture

I think this was written before the Nikkei plunged to 9300, because he indicated the Nikkei had bounced and sitting above 9600.

Goldenballs's picture

Years of Austerity would equal political,financial and social insecurity as populations around the globe would say were not going to take it.So to protect the Politicians and Bankers the whole situation takes a a jump into the wide blue yonder and the great unknown.In other words it couldn,t be as bad as the above,could it ? and instead of being 100% total crap it might only be 90% and then they can say but for us you,d have copped for the other 10% so grovel and be thankful.Hyperinflation seem the likely outcome,the only solution to unpayable deficits.Buy Gold and Silver before they realise the  penny has dropped.Hyperinflation becomes more and more sure as the only workable solution to these deficits.

mephisto's picture

the sudden realization that a double dip is pretty much guarantied (barring more stimulus/QE and the likes)

Well last time, QE went straight to Wall Street's excess reserves, as the Fed well knows. Unless they find a way to get cash from the Fed to small business, I'm still calling for double-dip - straightforward QE won't avoid that. 

Muir's picture

Wow!

Nic!

Awasome post!!
(injustice to only be able to give it 5 stars)

Thanks Tyler.