Frontrunning: December 8
- Germany Trade Balance 14.2B - lower than expected
- Bachus picked to chair financial panel (Reuters)
- China’s CPI expected to hit 3.2% in 2010 (China Daily)
- Bond Vigilantes May Thwart Tax Deal (Barrons)
- U.S. sends more subpoenas in insider trading probe (Reuters)
- Banks face dark pool battle with Europe's bourses (Reuters)
- Obamanomics Takes a Holiday (WSJ)
- Every Income Group Hit as Budget Increases Taxes and Cuts Benefits (Irish Times)
- Asia's Inflation Worries Damp Holiday Shopping Cheer (WSJ)
- El-Erian: Tax-Cut Deal Alone Won't Add Enough Jobs (Bloomberg)
- The foreclosure mess may force a solution to the deeper economic drag of underwater mortgages and zombie banks (American Prospect)
- Obama Tax Deal May Boost Economy, Reduce Pressure for Fed Debt Purchases (Bloomberg)
- Fortune Brands Will Split Into Three Units, Focus on Spirits (Bloomberg)
- Einhorn says MBIA still faces trouble (Reuters)
- UK Jobs Growth At Risk From Cuts (FT)
- Must read Helmut Schmidt interview discussing Merkel and Schauble shortcomings (Handelsblatt, h/t Miles)
- IMF Calls For ‘Comprehensive’ Euro Solution (FT)
- Germany Exports for October -1.1% m/m - lower than expected. Consensus 0.0%. Previous 3.0%.
- Germany Imports for October 0.3% m/m - lower than expected. Consensus 1.0%. Previous -1.5%.
- Germany Trade Balance 14.2B - lower than expected. Consensus 15.1B. Previous 16.8B.
- Germany Current Account 11.7B - lower than expected. Consensus 14.3B. Previous 14.0B.
- Bank of France Business Sentiment Indicator for November 107 - higher than expected. Consensus 103. Previous 103.
- France Budget Balance -133.1B. Previous -124.2B.
- France Trade Balance -3.4B - lower than expected. Consensus -4.2B. Previous -4.7B.
- Germany Industrial Production 2.9% m/m 11.7% y/y - higher than expected. Consensus 1.0% m/m 10.0% y/y. Previous -0.8% m/m 7.9% y/y.
- Belgium GDP for 3Q. Previous 0.5%.
And here is Reuters summary of what to expect today: