- Bernanke Misses Baseball in Battle for Euro Debt With Fed LISCC (Bloomberg)
- Egyptian army rules out force against protesters (FT)
- Federal Judge Rules That Health Law Violates Constitution (NYT)
- EU Said to Near Agreement on Bailout Fund Buying New Bonds (Bloomberg)
- Even a caveman could have fixed the system (NY Post)
- Whitney Municipal-Bond Apocalypse Is Short on Default Specifics (Bloomberg)
- U.S. Ambassador to China Plans Exit (WSJ)
- One in Five Mortgages Default Again After Modification (Bloomberg)
- Australia evacuates coastal cities in path of cyclone (Reuters)
- Bank of America Can Proceed With Nevada Foreclosures, Judge Says (Bloomberg)
- United, Delta Speed Snow Cancellation Decisions to Avoid `Havoc' (Bloomberg)
- Derivatives Plan for European Watchdog May Exceed EU Power (Bloomberg)
- BOE Will Raise Benchmark Rate Three Times This Year on Prices, Niesr Says (Bloomberg)
- The rating agency that just downgraded Egypt, keeps Spain at AA (Bloomberg)
Asian stocks, Copper gain as growth outlook overcomes concerns over Egypt.
Australian central bank kept its key cash rate on hold at 4.75%.
Brent crude oil futures rose to $100/bbl - first time since Oct. 1, 2008.
Chicago Purchasing Managers Index increased to 68.8 in Jan - at a faster pace than f'cast.
China's manufacturing growth slows as policy makers seek to curb inflation.
ECB halts emergency purchases of bonds; to focus on inflation as yearly rate hits 2.4%.
Fed says US banks are 'significantly more upbeat' on loan delinquencies.
Irish Central Bank cuts 2011 growth forecast on fiscal squeeze.
Obama Healthcare Reform Act unconstitutional - US Judge says.
US 30-year yield near 9-month high on prospects manufacturing is growing.
Anadarko Petro beats by $0.06, posts Q4 EPS of $0.29. Revs rose 11.3% to $2.69B.
BP Plc reported net income of $5.6B in Q4, up 30%. Resumes dividend. To sell two US refineries.
CNL Hotels & Resorts is weighing a bankruptcy-court protection filing.
Deutsche Bank 4Q profit fell about 54% on costs related to the acquisitions.
Eastman Chemical sees Q1 EPS of at least $1.75 vs. cons est. of $1.68.
Exxon said its fourth-quarter earnings surged 53% amid higher oil prices.
Fifth Street Finance to sell 10M shares; proceeds to be used for M&A, debt repayment.
Gannett Inc.'s Q4 net jumps 30% on cost cutting measures and 27% rise in revs.
Hovnanian Entrps to offer $150M of Sr debt; $50M of class A stock & 3M tangible equity units.
India agrees to $12B Posco steel plan; tough conditions imposed on Orissa project.
Infineon lifts 2011 outlook; sees Q2 sales growth, margin 18%-20%.
Intel cut its Q1 f'cast after discovering a design flaw in a recently released support chip.
McKesson f'casts 2011 EPS of $4.82-5.02 vs. cons est. of $4.83.
Novellus reports Q4 EPS of $1.03 (cons $0.94); revs rose 57.4% to $384.4M.
Olin issues downside guidance for Q1, sees EPS of $0.20-$0.25 vs. cons $0.26.
Quest Diagnostics raises 2011 EPS view to $4.25-4.45 (prev $4.10-4.30) following its
Repurchase of 15.4M shares from its largest shareholder, GSK.
Rent-A-Center beats by $0.03, reports revs in-line; guides Q1 revs above consensus.
Sanofi obtains access to Genzyme's books, advancing $18.5B takeover.
UPS's Dec. net income rises from $757M to $1.1B.
Economic Calendar: Data on Construction Spending, ISM Index, Auto Sales to be released.
Earnings Calendar: ADM, AFL, ALV, ARM, BIIB, BP, BRCM, BSX, CE, COCO, ENR, ERTS, IMN, JDAS, JLL, LEA, LXK, MEE, PFE, PNR, TUP, UPS, URI.
Submitted from Egan Jones