Frontrunning: February 25
- Irish Voters Set to Take Revenge on Ruling Party (FT, Bloomberg)
- Saudi youth call for protest in solidarity with Libyan uprising (Monsters and Critics)
- Wisconsin Assembly approves plan to curb unions (Reuters)
- Special report on Glencore: The biggest company you never heard of (Reuters)... actually that would be the DTCC
- US Warns Extreme Food Prices Will Stay (FT)
- Gotta love Bloomberg headlines: Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Seek $3.1 Billion Amid Improved Earnings (Bloomberg)
- More completely expected criminal fraud out of Citigroup: What Vikram Pandit Knew, and When He Knew It (Bloomberg)
- CFTC, SEC halt criminal investigations, blame lack of money (WSJ)
- Sentance Says BOE Must Tighten Now to Prevent Tough Moves Later (Bloomberg)
- House Republicans Move to End U.S. Foreclosure Aid Criticized as Harmful (Bloomberg)
- Russia's Terrorists Threaten Olympics Amid Focus on Sochi (Bloomberg)
- U.S. Seeks Backing for Action to End Libya Bloodshed (Reuters)
- Boeing Tanker Win Keeps 767 Alive, Eases Sting From Delays (Bloomberg)
- Obama Tells Panel U.S. Recovery Harmed by Jobless Rate (Bloomberg)
- France, U.K. Seek Sanctions on Libya (WSJ)
- China's Stealth Investments in Japan (WSJ)
- Algeria lifts 19-year-old state of emergency (Reuters)
- Why We Should Choose the Alternative Vote (Wolf) (FT)
European Economic Highlights
- German CPI February 0.5% M/M vs Exp. 0.5% M/M (previous 0.4%)
- France Consumer Spending for Jan -0.5% m/m 2.4% y/y - higher than expected.Consensus -0.7% m/m 2.6% y/y. Previous 0.4% m/m 0.1% y/y.
- Norway Unemployment Rates for Feb 3.0% - in line with expectations.Consensus 3.0%. Previous 3.1%.
- Spain Producer Prices 2.4% m/m 6.8% y/y - higher than expected. Consensus 1.3% m/m 5.7% y/y. Previous 0.9% m/m 5.3% y/y.
- Switzerland KOF Leading Indicator 2.18 - higher than expected. Consensus 2.06. Previous 2.16.
UK Q4 GDP -0.6% q/q 1.5% y/y – lower than expected. Consensus -0.5% q/q 1.7% y/y.